Introduce Yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    So I started OMAD this week. I have been low carb/Keto for 2 yrs, and lost 30+lbs. I need to lose 40 more. Let's see where this goes.
  • ImDoinItRightNow
    Options
    Not sure how active this group is any more BUT....

I started OMAD Jan 1, 2022. My eating window is usually around 4 to 5 pm. On most days it is a 1 hour window but sometimes it may be a 2-3 hour window. Rarely, I will move my window to accommodate an outing with friends. I do clean fasts. Only water and unsweet plain iced tea. I read the book Fast, Feast, Repeat and that was what I needed to dive right in. I love not being denied any particular food. I've done Atkins, Keto and Carnivore in the past with pretty good success but I never stick to it long term and the weight creeps back on. I love on OMAD how I can have some carbs and still see the scale moving. Although I do tend to see the scale move more with less carbs. I try not to do too many carby days in a row. I also just started back here to track my calories and see how much is actually in what Ive been eating. I have lost 18.6 lb so far. 83.8 more to go. I find tracking my food in a food log helps me succeed. Any other food trackers here? We could share logs for ideas? Add me. I need like minded friends!! I have a large family, so I plan dinners out for the entire week. We eat out on Fridays.
  • CrankyGoat2
    CrankyGoat2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 50+ and weigh around 250 lbs; otherwise healthy and physically active with love of the outdoors; exploring the OMAD lifestyle with a Low Carb component to help truly kick in the weight loss. Besides, much of the research I've explored indicates it is a good lifestyle choice to make when in the 50+ category and physically active.

Seeking like-minded MFP "Friend" to help encourage; educate; and support each other along our respective journeys