5/13 Saturday Day 13 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
6blfk5a4vqco.jpg

Theme: WEEKEND!

Today's Challenge: Enjoy your Saturday and let's make it an active one. How will you spend today?

Supplemental Weekend Reading:

Two suggested readings about habits:

How I Finally Quit Making Excuses and Got Healthy Habits to Stick
http://greatist.com/live/healthy-habits-tips-that-finally-made-habits-stick

8 Steps To Developing Fool-Proof Healthy Habits
http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2016/03/health-wellness/8-steps-to-developing-fool-proof-healthy-habits_55119

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    My daughter gets her PhD today, so I know I'll have a great day! The trip and the graduation itself will be a lot of sitting, but I should still get some walking in. :)

Congrats, @77tes! That is so exciting!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    I have so many things I want to do this weekend, my head is spinning. I plan to either work in the flower garden, dig through the basement to get ready for a rummage sale, start packing for next weekend's girls' trip to Chicago, swap out my winter clothes for spring/summer or maybe take a bike ride! Hopefully I get at least one or two of these done today. Tomorrow is our Mother's Day flower shopping day when my husband takes me to Stein's to pick out our garden stuff for veggies and flowers. I always look forward to that day!
  • sandra8841
    sandra8841 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    pulled out the umbrellas and took a walk outside managed to get in 4 miles and getting up every hour so that I dont spend the rest of the day sitting
  • lupiecat
    lupiecat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so much moving around. In the past, I've had days where I only had about 500 steps in. In a two bedroom apt, you don't have to walk very far to get to anything! Thursday, I had 6500 steps!!! We went to the mall but most of the steps came from me getting up and either walking/running in place, walking from the back to the front of the apt to the dining room which makes an L and the extra walk we took when taking the garbage out to the dumpster. Instead of coming straight back, we walked around the complex. So far today, I have 2,704! So proud!
  • themedalist
    Options
    lupiecat wrote: »
    I have been doing so much moving around. In the past, I've had days where I only had about 500 steps in. In a two bedroom apt, you don't have to walk very far to get to anything! Thursday, I had 6500 steps!!! We went to the mall but most of the steps came from me getting up and either walking/running in place, walking from the back to the front of the apt to the dining room which makes an L and the extra walk we took when taking the garbage out to the dumpster. Instead of coming straight back, we walked around the complex. So far today, I have 2,704! So proud!

@lupiecat YOU just made my day!!! I'm proud of you too!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I actually had a bit of a lazy day, my Mother's Day treat, and went to see a movie and get a pedi. So I didn't focus on my moving every half hour, standing for email, etc. still managed over 2k steps, not including a long morning walk (I did park at back of lots).

It's interesting how much more active my 'lazy' days are becoming.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I took my brother grocery shopping and I walked around the store finding the items on his list for him. I parked at the far edge of the parking lot so that we both can walk extra. Mopping my floors and some additional cleaning. I also did my walking DVD exercise this morning, and then took a walk this evening which was enjoyable. I went shopping for a gift for my son's birthday, again parking at a distance whenever possible. While out I ran into a co-worker from a job that we have both since retired from. It was very nice to catch up on how our families are doing. So I've had a busy but nice day.

:flowerforyou:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Shorter walks today, I almost went to bed without finishing my 10K today, but I just couldn't take my Fitbit off until I saw the screen telling me I had hit 10K so I went into another room and did the last couple of hundred steps needed. It is so easy to tell yourself a couple of hundred steps don't matter, but they do add up to a lot of missed steps. Not going to fall into that trap.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Shorter walks today, I almost went to bed without finishing my 10K today, but I just couldn't take my Fitbit off until I saw the screen telling me I had hit 10K so I went into another room and did the last couple of hundred steps needed. It is so easy to tell yourself a couple of hundred steps don't matter, but they do add up to a lot of missed steps. Not going to fall into that trap.

Beautifully stated, @retirehappy!

tcei08a0xoqf.png

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    5/13..5007 steps
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Great articles!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    These articles were very informative and helpful. Thank you.
    Today I was getting ready for our garage sale still. I accomplished quite a bit.