Cardio?

Options
teach0722
teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
How do I track cardio with the apple fitness app? I usually do Turbofire videos. Would that be indoor running? That's what my other Watch did?

Replies

• Devinec67
    Devinec67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    On the Activity app on the watch you can pick from various cardio exercises or pick other then name the activity after you have tracked it.
  • teach0722
    teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For two days, when I've used the fitness app in my Apple Watch, it synced my strength training, but not my kickboxing to my fitness pal. It shows up in the activity app, but not MFP. Any ideas?
  • ellen7446
    ellen7446 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I used the under armor app and link it to MFP and my Apple Watch. I set it up as small icon on the watch face. Before I start an activity, I choose my activity by tuning the dial on the watch and hit start. It keeps track of my calories burned. I have it set to work with my heart rate app. So, while I am working out, I'm able to see my heart rate and how many calories I am burning at a given time.

When I finish an activity - I hit end or stop on the watch. Be sure to swipe the watch face and then hit the "Save" button. It will link directly to your Apple Watch fairly quickly and also link directly to MFP. If the activity that you are doing is not listed, you can always select "other gym activity"

Also, if you happen to forget to press the start button on your watch, you can manually add an activity with the Under Amour App on your phone. It will still link-up with your apple watch and MFP. If you don't have an Apple Watch it will still link to MFP. It comes in handy, on those days when your not wearing the Apple Watch or the battery goes.

When given an option during a manual impute, I mark all activities as cardio, even when strength training, I find it gives a better idea of my calories burned.

The only bummer I find, is when using a stationary bikes. Miles do not convert to steps. However, when I ride a mountain bike on terrain I used the Endomondo App. It does a decent job of recognizing strides/miles so you do get step credits. It also links to MFP too

Also, all of this will show up on your Apple Health App you just have to set it up as source to be read.

I find that using the Apple Watch app is too limiting, which is why I use Under Amour and Endomondo along with a heart rate app.

I also link my weight, BMI etc with the Nokia wireless scale to MFP.

Hope that helps.
  • joejones64
    joejones64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to use Other->Mixed Cardio to track cardio-type workouts in the Activity app that do not depend upon steps or distance. But MFP doesn't recognize it, so I have to add it to MFP manually. It must be a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Like ellen7446, I haven't had any problems with workouts from UA MapMyFitness showing up.
  • OhBeast83
    OhBeast83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    teach0722 wrote: »
    How do I track cardio with the apple fitness app? I usually do Turbofire videos. Would that be indoor running? That's what my other Watch did?

• OhBeast83
    OhBeast83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba yesterday and tracked it under "other", BUT you can also track under "High Intensity Interval Training"