Day 29 May 15

Options
Kenda2427
Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
Good morning everyone.

Been rather MIA as of late as I am still living in a camper, with my house sitting in the middle of my yard surround by mud, cranes and sorted equipment. It is a terrible mess and the rain won't stop so we are now 3 days behind schedule. It has been such a stressful last 2 weeks, with the house lift, the dog diagnosis and everything. I am up almost 6 pounds!! But I will deal with that once I get back in my house, have utilities and everything working again.

Wishing everyone a great day and hope all the mothers had a great day yesterday with loved ones.

Today's goals:
retain sanity
eat to plan while at work
supper with my son
water

Replies

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@Kenda2427 you're doing an awesome jobs holding it together through these challenges. I have a feeling things will soon get much better. As far as the extra pounds, it's mostly water. Instead of trying to do everything at once why not take a diet break ? It will be good in the long run and it saves you some stress.

Yesterday was nice and relaxing. I wanted to do more but frankly I wasn't up for it. So, I did the minimum necessary and called it a success :)

Woke up today feeling a bit overwhelmed. Once I took some time to clarify my objectives in my head the day seems less daunting. Taking this occasion to thank the US Postal Service for giving great joy today: they just delivered my new kettlebell :). It couldn't have come at a better time.
    Ready or not, here is what I want to accomplish today: eat within calories/macros, training, chin-ups, steps, water, swim at the gym and a lot of good sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Monday!!!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

@kenda2427, sorry the work on your house isn't going as smoothly as desired. Taking a conscious break from eating at a deficit, like @danelutza19 said, might ease some of the pressure on you. It's definitely something you can deal with later (although I always try to keep in the back of my mind what stress I might feel about having to re-lose a lot of weight to help prevent me from going crazily off the rails). Eating near maintenance for a few weeks can be a nice break for your body.

@danelutza19, glad your kettle bell arrived! Sounds like you're listening to your body when it's telling you it needs a break. Being in tune with ourselves is very important, I think.

I've got a walking challenge at work this week, and I'm a captain for one of the teams as well as the main organiser in our department, so I've been working on walking up an extra storm as well as sending out motivational emails, making sure everyone has a step counter, making a tracking spreadsheet, etc. It's fun to see people working on getting healthier! I've been the reigning walker for the last two challenges, and this has motivated some people to push extra hard to try to beat me, lol--I'll take it since it means that they're getting a lot of extra activity in.