Favorite Songs for Running?

TheGaudyMagpie
TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
I'm building a playlist for my 5K on 5/28. I usually stream music stations on Amazon but I want something specific and inspiring for the race. What are your favorite songs to run to?

Replies

• l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Play Hard - David Guetta

It came on last night when I was on the last stretch and felt like I was dying. It helped me to push through. It also had the perfect beat for my pace at that moment.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    I usually listen to the Avicii station on Amazon for my runs, and I think he is one of the regulars played, so I will add it to the playlist. Thank you!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited May 2017
    I love The Rock Workout on Spotify the beat is about spot on for my pace. Has stuff like Ram Jam - Black Betty, Can't Stop - Red Hot Chilli Peppers, some AC/DC, Green Day, Foo Fighters, The Killers, etc.
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Fight Song and Walking on Sunshine work to motivate me.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    Do any of you listen to podcasts or audiobooks? I am thinking of experimenting some before my race.
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    I've been just listening to some playlists named "Running" on Spotify.. but I just got started :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    I really like the "You can do it" Spotify playlist at the moment, feeling in a dancey kind of place at the mo.

@TheGaudyMagpie how did you get on with podcasts/audiobooks?
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    I've been listening to podcasts, and they seem to keep me more distracted than music. I've been listening to Lore and Mysterious Radio (but no alien stuff - aliens bore me). I've been trying Welcome to the Night Vale and it is not suitable for running to, IMO. Too monotonous. Tonight I'm going to try out Zombies, Run, as I've been set back a bit by the weather, my schedule, and switching to a dirt track.

I've been walking during lunch and listening to Escape Pod, which is short science fiction stories. I like it and I think it will do fine for runs if the Zombies app doesn't work for me.
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    I really like the "You can do it" Spotify playlist at the moment, feeling in a dancey kind of place at the mo.

Thank you for the tip, Angela! :smile: I was listening to this playlist today during my run :smiley: gave me a good pace.

• magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    I use the Rock my Run app and I love it.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    I've been through a few different batches of music for my workouts.... this week Imagine Dragons are on the player. While I was struggling this morning against the urge to stop during the last couple of minutes of my longest intervals yet, Whatever It Takes came on and it was PERFECT to get me to the end :-D
  • tinkerbellang83
    My new favourite to distract me from clock watching is the Myths & Legends podcast on Spotify (think it's on itunes too)