5/18 Thursday Day 18 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
5yz8eqt9qbj9.jpg

Theme: Turn Off the TV, Turn up the Music!

Today's Challenge: When the TVs on we tend to sit, but when the radio is on or the music's playing we want to move. Today's challenge is to trade in some TV time and crank up the music instead. Spontaneous dance party....oh yeah!!!

And if yesterday's spring cleaning project is still a work in progress, the music could give you a motivation boost to get it done!

Alternative Challenge: You probably send and receive a lot of texts throughout the day. So for each text you get or send today, get up and walk for 30 seconds!

Replies

• Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll take the "text" as "email" and go for the alternative today. (We don't have TV to trade for radio, and no radio in the house either, I guess radio in the car won't help, lol).
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like the text idea. I never have time to watch TV so that's kinda moot for me, but I do listen to a lot of music. I love to put it on when I'm in the kitchen. I sing and dance while cooking or cleaning. Will definitely do that again today!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea. I will do that today! Thank you!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,023 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I also need to learn a dance that I'll be teaching 5/26, so I have my choice all picked out.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Glad you like today's challenges! Cranking up the music more often has definitely got me moving more. It also makes me more receptive to doing household chores.
  • sandra8841
    sandra8841 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I will go with the text challenge as I listen to music a lot already :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    The music thing sounds like an ongoing activity for me. I use my Prime membership for music on my kindle that I can carry around like a transistor radio back in the day. I also listen to accuradio.com a free channel with lots of types of music, curated into playlists. And I also use the digital music channels on my cable service. I do dance around my house a LOT.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Going to see a band play tonight (so no TV time for me) but I will make it a point to stand the whole show (and shake my booty a little too!) :)
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Keeping music on- This also helps keep your mood up when you're trapped inside with crabby babies. At least it works for me sometimes.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I like the text idea! I'll have to try that for tomorrow. I worked more in the garden again today for my clean up project. Maybe it will rain tonight now!!

:flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    I will have to go with the text idea too, since there is no way my husband will let me turn off the TV! LOL! But I will walk when I get texts, and I will listen to some of my podcasts while I prepare tonight for my day tomorrow! :)