5/20 Saturday Day 20 SLBC

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
qza4p29jfjxs.jpg

Theme: Weekend!

Today's Challenge: Have a terrific, movement filled Saturday! Tell us what you've got planned!

As Boot Camp Winds Down:
Please take a few minutes to fill out the on-line evaluation survey and tell us what you liked (or didn't like) and how we can improve Sit Less Boot Camp. I listen to your feedback. The survey form is here: http://www.quittingthesitting.org/sit-less-boot-camp-evaluation.html

Your comments, ideas, and suggestions are most welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Alas, I think I overdid it a little with the walking. I didn't notice anything while I was actually walking, but by lunchtime yesterday, my right ankle has started to hurt, something that I've never had happen before. (I know I use all of my legs and feet when I walk, but I hadn't appreciated that there's a huge impact on my ankles in particular.) So I'm going to take it extra easy this weekend and hope that it sorts itself out.

Going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 today (2nd viewing, this time in 3D), as well as Storks (which I missed when it first came out, but the movie theater puts out family films Saturdays at 11am for $3, so I'm going to give it a go. I've budgeted popcorn into my day, and I'm planning to thoroughly enjoy myself.

I'll be doing a little more sitting than usual, but I'll be sure to get up and stretch and walk around a bit between the two movies.

Will plan to fill out the survey in the next couple of days!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
  • themedalist
    edited May 2017
    fitphoenix wrote: »
    Alas, I think I overdid it a little with the walking. I didn't notice anything while I was actually walking, but by lunchtime yesterday, my right ankle has started to hurt, something that I've never had happen before. (I know I use all of my legs and feet when I walk, but I hadn't appreciated that there's a huge impact on my ankles in particular.) So I'm going to take it extra easy this weekend and hope that it sorts itself out.

Going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 today (2nd viewing, this time in 3D), as well as Storks (which I missed when it first came out, but the movie theater puts out family films Saturdays at 11am for $3, so I'm going to give it a go. I've budgeted popcorn into my day, and I'm planning to thoroughly enjoy myself.

I'll be doing a little more sitting than usual, but I'll be sure to get up and stretch and walk around a bit between the two movies.

Will plan to fill out the survey in the next couple of days!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

@fitphoenix, I think taking it a little easier is a great idea. Enjoy the movies! I always budget for popcorn too. I just can't imagine a movie without popcorn.

Congrats on leading your walking challenge at work! I'm sure you inspired many of your colleagues to "start moving toward a better life".
  • themedalist
    I thought of a new challenge for Boot Camp, but it's got some marketing problems. "Unleash hundreds of mosquitoes into your house" pretty much sums up my day yesterday. I live on a stream and the mosquitoes are fierce this time of year. With 3 dogs, lots of them are hitching free rides into my house. Upside: there wasn't much sitting...I spent a lot of time hunting them down, Dustbuster in hand.

It's a beautiful day outside but I'm going to forgo my outdoor walking for a week or so, until the mosquito population plummets, which always happens. Right now, its a jungle out there.

Make it a great day and let's have a STRONG FINISH TO SIT LESS BOOT CAMP!!

micjiequsqjt.png
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Its been very hot and humid the last two days making it unpleasant to move much. However, this morning was gloriously cool so I took my dogs for a 3.5 mile walk. Feeling really good!! I plan to finish the day moving each hour and reaching 10,000 steps.
  • RDancer5
    RDancer5 Posts: 13 Member
    I am going to try to find a new loop on my walk today!
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Hitting the trail!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    It's raining pretty hard here; going have to get my walking done inside today.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    I started my ISI Beta figure skating class today. This level is going to be difficult but I'm determined to pass the level by August 8. I forgot to take my Aleve in the morning, so I didn't do my best at the lesson or practice afterwards, but I usually do not forget. It's going to be a great summer!! There are so many less people on the ice, and I'm taking a two week AMAZING skating summer camp with a variety of different topics covered followed by a show at the end.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    I walked all day around Chicago!
  • sandra8841
    sandra8841 Posts: 35 Member
    I took a walk with the husband and enjoyed the milder weather we had move in for the weekend
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,342 Member
    @fitphoenix , sorry you overdid and are feeling it. I've had that happen too. I'm in another challenge here on MFP, and we actually had an online relay. It was lots of fun, and I got in a TON of exercise. Looking forward to a lovely rest day tomorrow.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Our county as a "Farm Tour" weekend. So, i took the kids out yesterday to tour a few local farms, see animals, sample fresh foods, etc. We walked, bounced in bounce houses, and ran around all day. It was a great Saturday and such a boost to be outside and moving around.
  • 77tes
    jlbay wrote: »
    Our county as a "Farm Tour" weekend. So, i took the kids out yesterday to tour a few local farms, see animals, sample fresh foods, etc. We walked, bounced in bounce houses, and ran around all day. It was a great Saturday and such a boost to be outside and moving around.

I have friends who are doing a farm/ranch tour this weekend. I wish I could attend, but alas their ranch is in WYO and I am in CA.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    @themedalist, sorry for the trouble with the mosquitoes, but good job spinning it as a way to stay active. (I almost wouldn't mind them so much if they wouldn't buzz near my ears where I could *hear them*. Drives me crazy.) The movies and popcorn were highly enjoyable! I didn't eat all of the popcorn, and now have snacks for later in the week!

@77tes, an online relay sounds awesome! (And if it was the Invasion of Hogwarts, we were both in it!) I love the ways the internet can connect like-minded people we might have more trouble finding IRL. :)

• 77tes
    @fitphoenix ,yes it was the Invasion, and I see you were the hero who finished the last 5 miles.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,760 Member
    DH and I got in 10K shortly after 2PM today, our reward was a couple of hawks on the trail "talking " to each other and one was eating his lunch. The things you see when you don't take your camera with you.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    catch up post: May 20:, 50 minutes walking outside early morning. I couldn't sleep so I asked myself: Why not stay up and take a walk?" Very cool and breezy.

Later on in the afternoon: 45 minutes outside. A very, very, very short rain shower earlier this afternoon... but just enough to cool things down! Nice for walking!

It turned out to be a good "movement filled Saturday" for me. I also stood every chance I realized that I could! I find myself actively looking for the opportunity to stand. Is this the beginning of a good, healthy, life changing habit?

Just zipping by to write a catch up post and go to sleep :yawn: .

:flowerforyou: