Jiggle-Top User: Instant Pot vs. Power Pressure XL?

Options
mjbnj0001
mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
I've been a jiggle-top stovetop pressure user for a number of years, and have begun to get interested in the potential of the new electronic/electric cookers.

Pros/cons of the Instant Pot vs. Power Pressure Cooker? I just (re)watched the Power Pressure infomercial late last night (and no sad commentaries on my watching habits, please, LOL! Actually, I made some pressure cooker comments yesterday on a thread in another MFP forum, so my interest was piqued when I saw the infomercial listing in the channel guide.).

As my memory serves, I've seen lots of positive comments on the Instant Pot here on MFP, but can't recall anything specific about the Power Pressure Cooker.

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have an Instant Pot ans love it. I used a friend Power Pressure Cooker twice and it did a fine job but I really like the Instant Pot. I like the way it is marked so you know when it is set to sealing, I like the digital time display that counts down, I love the stainless steel insert. I am happy I got it instead of the PPXL. I love the Instant Pot Community Facebook page too. Look for the YouTube channel Pressure Luck. He has great entertaining videos on cooking with the Instant Pot. You will love having it I am sure.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, much appreciated. BTW, there's nothing "wrong" with my older pressure cooker for pressure cooker uses, it's just that the new ones are more multi-functional.