More moderate bars than usual when walking

Bob314159
Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
If I go for a 30 minute walk - in the last weeks - I'm getting two or more moderate bars in the bar graph [and I usually don't get any] and getting around 30 active minutes.

However I'm for sure walking slower and my gait is off. I'm walking around 2.7 mph usually I'm around 2.9. Why is fitbit indicating my walk is better when it's worse?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Is Fitbit actually seeing the distance as shorter or recent walks?

Are you carrying extra weight now, backpack, winter clothes if that is coming up, extra water bottles, heavier shoes, ect?

Those bars are given if the whole chunk of time went over the division, so you may be going slower on average, but for those segments, going faster.
    That's usually the reason.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    heybales wrote: »

Are you carrying extra weight now, backpack, winter clothes if that is coming up, extra water bottles, heavier shoes, ect?

Same walking routes that I normally use, no carrying, same clothes. I also carry a Garmin thats counting steps by GPS and its total step count for a walk matches the Fitbit.
    heybales wrote: »
    Those bars are given if the whole chunk of time went over the division, so you may be going slower on average, but for those segments, going faster.
    That's usually the reason.
    Could be this - my moderate bars are usually half way through the walk and I tend to push harder half way through - then slow again as I tire.