Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
How's everyone's week starting off?

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    Options
    I'm not doing completely horrible on my calories today, but I'm not making the best choices, either. I made egg salad today. That was super delish. I discovered a way to make hard boiled eggs with NO shell peeling using my Instant Pot. Life changer! But I did get a soda and had a couple (very) mini cinnamon rolls.

I've enjoyed the 3 day weekend of doing nothing. All I had to do was take Sara to and from work and do the grocery shopping. I made pasta salad for dinner last night, and there's leftovers so that's what's for dinner tonight too. Easy on me. Sara however got a little miss attitude problem and demanded that I make her food because that's my job. That pissed me off to no end. So she storms off and says, "Fine! Be mean!" She can make her own damned food.

I feel crappy. I feel blobbish. I know there's nothing that will make it get better except exercising. Why am I fighting this process so much???
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @kerryatoon looking forward to hearing how your kiddo did with the singing! Good for you for sticking to your detox plan. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on.

I had 3 egg salad sandwiches yesterday...one for each meal. That's not a bad thing is it? I mean, I could choose worse things than eggs, right?

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Doing nothing is nice! I missed it this weekend, HA! Too busy, husband left on work trip on Sunday, the boys and I hung out for the afternoon. Monday was some shopping for mom and phone calls to finalize some things!
    @AZLisaLou Sorry about the daughter attitude, how old is she? And you asked a good question, WHY are you fighting the process of exercising so much? Why do you think you fight it? Is it that you feel that if you can't do too much of any sort of exercise you'll feel bad about yourself? Are you afraid/intimidated by the pain or effort it may cause? Obviously you don't have to answer me, it's just for you. Just trying to help you figure out the underlying cause of your aversion to it, might help you conquer and get some movement! Any form of activity, even if it is 10-15 minutes a day, a walk (listen to a book on audio, or a podcast, or music), light stretching, some yoga, itty bitty movement to get started! And DO NOT listen to that negative inner voice when you try to start... you know which one, the one which will tell you you look stupid, you're lazy, you're better off just sitting down so you don't actually quit... you know which voice I'm talking about, right? I know I have a LOUD one, it used to be louder and it was MEAN!! Now it still pokes its nasty head, but I am able to silence it, it took practice, but it got better! Try to figure out the reason for the inability to get through that mental block!
    @Kerryatoon good job on the previous update!!! You're are doing great on the sugar detox, and it is a hard one!! Is your daughter out on summer vacation yet? What does she do while you're at work?
    I'm keeping busy, obviously. Sometimes I feel like I can tackle this week without a problem, and then I feel overwhelmed! But it passes. It was Liam's 5tgh grade graduation today and I managed with no tears! haha I made the boys a special special dinner for their year's effort! A creamy, coconut milk, white wine, cayenne shrimp risotto, sauted green beans and grilled lobster tails (the little ones, hehe, those are affordable)! I must say, I impressed myself, it was a REALLY yummy dinner, and other than the risotto (which I had little of) it had to be a fairly lean meal! The boys loved loved loved it!!! hehe
    Anyway, I hope everyone is up to a good week!!! Stay strong, ladies!!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl I'm not really sure what the deep-down reasons are. I'll have to spend to quality time reflecting on that. I know one of the reasons is that I hate sweating, but there's no way to avoid that if you do it right lol. That's why I liked water aerobics last year when I did it a few times. But they don't have classes at convenient times, and only once or twice a week unless you drive all over town going to different locations with different class hours. Plus I can't afford the $20/mo to go. I can't have earbuds in while walking or anything like that because I would feel vulnerable and like I was too cut off. It would cause a tremendous amount of anxiety. If I'm on the treadmill I must have earbuds in and watch tv, but again that's at the gym. I used to like my aerobics video, Slim in 6 by Beachbody, but I'm having a hard time getting into again. I'm going to have to really think about the reasons why I'm fighting it, like you suggested.

I made a great dinner tonight. Cabbage/potato/kielbasa soup. I did the recipe calculations on the food category here, and you can have quite a bit for not a lot of calories. It's super tasty and very easy to make. win!

@kerratoon how was your day?
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I had a busy day today.. my daughter rocked it at her talent show. She has some steel cajones I tell you... she had to go first and she was awesome! I'm so proud. She has one more day as a 5th grader... whaaa...my baby!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Omg.. a ton of my writing disappeared!! Grr. I'll post more tomorrow. Goodnight!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    haha @Kerryatoon that happened to me the other day... hate it! I sometimes push the "Done" button instead of the "Post Reply" when I'm typing from my phone, I don't know why! I always find it amazing when kids put themselves up for talent show, it is so brave of them! Happy Graduation Week!! We no longer have 5h graders!! YYAAYY!! I hope she loves Middle School as much as my oldest (currently 6th grader for one more day)... I have loved seeing the changes he's gone through so far!!
    @AZLisaLou I wish I could swear more... hehehe I'm a dry exerciser, I hardly ever drip a drop. I perspire a bit, but not that drenching that some people have (My husband, he steps out into the yard and he's soaking wet)! When I exercise into exhaustion I can get headaches if I don't watch it, I don't know if it's true or not, but I feel it's my body overheating during exercise because it won't sweat... I don't know if that's just my imagination... hahaha
    Good day today, I made myself go to Spin class, regardless of how busy I am with the move. I found the extra hour for me, and I needed it! And surprising, it was a different instructor than the one who usually teaches that time! Nice surprise, because it was one of my favorite instructors. He's always motivational without being preachy! Plus I love his playlists! Eating was pretty good as well!
    I haven't really lost any weight, but I do think I've 'reshaped' a bit with the Barbell classes Iv'e been doing. And I can proudly say that I've managed to maintain for about 6 months without feeling too stressed too often!
    I hope you ladies are doing well!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Hello ladies! I had a good day today.. I think I'm getting out of the worst of the sugar withdrawals. I had zero headache today and my energy picked up.. no fatigue and feeling pretty peppy. I ate on point today and actually nailed my macros within 2g on protein & fat and exactly at my carb level. I'm feeling really good and accomplished. I still haven't started working out again.. feeling like I am almost ready just have to take that leap. One more week until my daughter goes back to karate and I have my free Monday night to go lift. I'm planning to go back then and make that the start of my regular schedule. I'm going to get some goggles and go swim this weekend at the pool.. I just love doing laps and it's already hot here so I'm going to start there. Good job on getting to spin @NadiaMayl!! Also just being able to maintain without stressing is pretty fantastic! Now that I'm not smoking I'm looking for that place Of balance, we'll see :) My daughter is so brave! She will be staying at the same school for 6th grade, that's how it is in our district. Then 7,8 middle and 9-12 high school. So she will be big dog at her school one more year. Well I hope you both have a good night.. I'm planning to finish an art project I'm working on and then go to bed pretty early. @AZLisaLou I hope your day went well.. hope to hear from you soon!
    Good night!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Woohoo! Well well well.. last night I asked a friend of mine that goes to my gym what days she goes because she wanted me to show her around the free weights section and... she convinced me to go with her today after work.. lol. Sooo... I guess I'm going back to the gym starting today!
    It's nice to have someone going with me.. I never had that before. And once I pay for my month I'm going to have motivation to go so I get my money's worth. I'm free this weekend so I can get in there and bump some serious cardio then. Not looking forward to the soreness I know is coming because it's been so long but i know it will be worth it. Ok.. well.. have a great day!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    speaking of all of our kids growing up, I'm having to schedule my son for his senior portraits this week to be taken over the summer. Thank God we barely got him through Albegra II this past year. with tutoring all year, he finished with a D, which is still passing. So it looks like he's going to graduate on time this time next year. Scary!

I asked my daughter if she wants to start walking with me in the evenings. She said it's too hot. It is. Living in the desert stinks. I saw a pic today of a facebook friend who's been walking about 2 miles a day for 3 months, and it's a dramatic difference. It gave me a glimmer of motivation. I can't walk 2 miles (she said sometimes 3 yikes!), but I can work on getting my endurance up. maybe I'll go at about 9pm after the sidewalk has cooled a little and take the dog for a nice walk.

@kerryatoon very cool that you have someone to go with! That's very motivating. It will be a good soreness, though, won't it?

@nadiamayl, that's the key...find time for yourself no matter what is going on. You *need* you time. Glad your spin class was a good one. Even if you haven't lost lbs, reshaping is good and you're probably replacing fat with muscle which is the best thing ever.

I had a soda today. :( I'm kind of disappointed, but not really angry with myself. I did it. I own it. Diet for the rest of the day, and try not to have any tomorrow. Looks like we're having pork chops for dinner tonight. That's a good, lean meat, right? I'll just have about 1/3-1/2 c of mashed potatoes and then some veggies with a little gravy. Good healthy dinner.

Have a good day ladies!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Hello! I went to the gym yesterday and did my normal 5x5 stronglift program at a low starting weight. FELT AMAZEBALLS! I also did a brisk walk/jog for 1 mile on the treadmill so I got to eat a wee bit more yesterday too... woot! Day 10 of my no sugar/low carb eating plan.. and I'm not feeling any more withdrawls. In fact I feel clear and energetic. Today I brought my gym clothes to work because I already paid for the month so I mean to get my money's worth.. lol. Just going to go do a few miles on the treadmill to get my cardio endurance up. SOOOOOO glad it's Friday. I get to do some fun stuff tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to that. Tonight, after the gym, I'm going to feed myself a nice big steak with garlic butter, some roasted garlic cauliflower and just be LAZY. Woot!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Well yesterday I went and did 3.5 miles on the treadmill (3.5 mph) and while there were times I wanted to quit I just pushed through and did it. I feel really sore today and am going to have to take today off from lifting just to let my muscles recover. It's like that in the beginning.. soreness goes away as i get more regular with my lifting routine so I'm cool with that. I'm still eating in point. I ate back half my exercise cals yesterday. I'm on day 11 of no added sugar and extremely low carb and feeling better and better. I've noticed that I am not as bloated or gassy as I was when eating carbs and I'm more regular (I know tmi).. I'm also craving sugar less frequently and intensely.. so I'm not having to try as hard to avoid unhealthy foods. Yay! I'm planning to go to the pool today and swim some laps. It's already 100 degrees here so exercising in the pool is super nice. :) I'm sitting down to my eggs and bacon breakfast... talk to you all later.

Have a good weekend!!!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    3.5 miles @kerryatoon? that's awesome! I'm lucky if I can go 1 on the treadmill. So glad the sugar detox is paying off for you and showing results. It's in the 100's here too. Am I mistaken, or don't you live in AZ too? Wish so much that I had a pool. I would do laps all the time if I could.

How are you doing @nadiamayl?

I'm just going through the motions of my days. I feel like a zombie and a blob. I know...exercise will take care of that. Logically I know this stuff. Doing it is another. As far as why I don't exercise? I'm just lazy I think. I know this is tmi, but I'm so fat that bathing is difficult. Not the bathing part necessarily, but the getting out of the tub, drying off and getting dressed again. You would think that would be motivation to do something, but so far it's not. The difficulty in doing that has been a deterrent in exercising. I know that if I timed everything right that I could do it all at the same time of the day, but it never seems to work out that way. I know. I'm lazy and gross. It's just so depressing when I have such a hard time drying and getting dressed. It's the bra that's the worst. Trying to maneuver to get that on is terrible. By the time I'm done I'm breathing hard again already. Also, I don't know what will be worse...my fatness or being covered in hanging skin. My belly already hangs over. I'm sure that once there's no fat in there it will hang to my knees practically. and my boobs, now a DDD will deflate to nothing and hang like socks with rocks. Healthwise I know the hanging skin will be better, but I think I'll feel just as bad about myself then as I do now. I think those are my hang ups with exercising. Dealing with my fatness now, and then thinking about dealing with the hanging skin later. Neither one is appealing, so I do nothing.

Any sage advice?
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @AZLisaLou good work, love! Facing and sharing all those private bits take courage!!! I think saggy bits is better, healthier for you! Yes, it will be hard to see when showering and getting dressed, but you'll be able to use compression items to help and you'll look great in pretty clothes. The you can decide if you want to save slowly for surgery. And if not, the health benefits of losing the weight, will be far better! My mom is pretty overweight and I see her struggle at age 74, hard to shower, dress, do her hair. She gets skin rashes and other issues due to lack of mobility and skin infections due to sweat. TMI, I know, but she's not been able to change her ways, and now her children (us) are left to deal and pickup the pieces. And we do it, lovingly, but often begrudgingly. Digest your discoveries, think the pros and cons of remaining as is and changing! I know you can do this!! Not easy, but you can! Thank you thank you for sharing your struggles! I admire you!
    @Kerryatoon sounds like a great weekend! Now pamper yourself a bit!
    I'm crazy busy and everything which can hinder move progress, has happened (pres riptuon insurance issues, apart ENT issues, her new glasses broke at the opticians, etc). I'm exhausted and I also got into a 'text' fight with hubs. He always texts when he gets home/hotel when he travels (safety check), he went out with friend for dinner on Friday and forgot, so I got antsy. Figured he was safe since I didn't hear fro. His parents. But with all the stress I'm under, I kept being anxious.. so finally he texted today at noon (6:00 in holland)! And said he thought he texted. So I wasn't thrilled and told him so... well he said "why are you trying to make me feel bad?". I said I wasn't, I was just expressing how HE MADE ME FEEL, especially ow... and that he could take it however he wanted. Well he never replied to that... he went out with his parents and sisters to celebrate his bday, which I helped organize, so I'm happy he enjoyed that... but I'm hurt and miffed about it. He's normally very selfless and caring, so it just sucks that a flare of selfishness would pop up this weekend (of all weekend's)!
    Anyway, going to bed past midnight is not going to help, so I better go night night... hope sundays great for both of you! :)