Happy Pride Month!!

Options
It's June! Anybody doing anything fun for pride?

Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    As for me, I'll be going to my hometown's little pride parade and festival on the fourth, but the big pride event in my state is in October for some reason.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    happy pride month! i'll be in seattle for their pride i think, ours in weirdly in august lol
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Pride month everyone!! I'll be in Columbus, OH for our pride the weekend of the 17th.
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As for me, I'll be going to my hometown's little pride parade and festival on the fourth, but the big pride event in my state is in October for some reason.

Yeah, ours suddenly switched to September this year. Kinda blows. Looks like everybody's changed on them. I guess the powers that be have decided either that they can't have the gays all congregating at the same time or that we should be proud all year.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My little hometown's pride was on Sunday and it was a blast, but the weather was MISERABLE. Suddenly starting to be okay with Pride in late October.
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We had one year where it was pouring the entire time and like 45 deg. The parade went on but the festival ended up being cancelled because the park it is held in was completely flooded. Hoping that it won't be like that this year!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I never have been to SF Pride before. I hope to go this year or at least go to Trans March. I haven't been able to go in the past because my time of the month (which is a nightmare for me as a transman) combined with my chronic pain illness would leave me bedridden and very sick. My cycle has been irregular so I am crossing my fingers that it won't happen in those three days. I am thinking of dressing up as a Lolita (the Japanese fashion, not a reference to the novel) Pirate. I don't always pack because I am still in the stages of coming out and being comfortable but I would like to do so for Pride. I will try to get some people to come with me.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Yeah, ours suddenly switched to September this year. Kinda blows. Looks like everybody's changed on them. I guess the powers that be have decided either that they can't have the gays all congregating at the same time or that we should be proud all year.

I think ours ins in Aug just cause it always rains here in June ;) Plus I'm sure the tourist association wants to entice as many gays to Vancouver as possible in the nicest time of year :P
  • SFBoomr
    SFBoomr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never have been to SF Pride before. I hope to go this year or at least go to Trans March. I haven't been able to go in the past because my time of the month (which is a nightmare for me as a transman)...I don't always pack because I am still in the stages of coming out and being comfortable but I would like to do so for Pride. I will try to get some people to come with me.

My wife and I will be on one of the SF Bay Times floats in the SF Pride Parade. Tomorrow we'll be at both the Castro and Roxie theaters seeing films as part of the San Francisco LGBTFilm Festival, Frameline. We kicked off Pride on the last day of May at the CBS SF LGBT Pride Reception at the CBS studios. There was a great presentation by a transwoman who works at the SF LGBT center.

About the packing: Just do it! Life is too short not to be your true self.