AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
Here we go for another week! Who's in?

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @nadiamayl thank you for being kind and understanding with my issues. I know it will be healthier for sure. I know I will be better off to live longer and stronger if I get rid of the weight. So much of the journey is about being happy with your body, and I know I won't be. I can try to get my husband to save for surgery, but I doubt he will. I've been waiting for many many years for carpal tunnel surgery and that's only going to be about $2500. I can't imagine what skin removal surgery will cost, especially since insurance doesn't cover it. I just need to do what you suggest and focus on the fact that I will be less of a burden as I get older and will live a healthier life.

My son fell off the wagon pretty quickly after he started a lower calorie eating plan (I hate the word diet! I used to call a "die-it" a "live-it".) But, he's wanting to start back on a better plan again. So, I'm going to cook chicken for chicken caesar salads with lite dressing that tastes better than full flavor (Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar), and also some for chicken salad. I'm also going to make more egg salad. I bought buns to make home made leaner hamburgers instead of take out. Hopefully both the kids will be satisfied with lunches this week. This is the one thing I really hate about summer....keeping them fed. I went over my grocery budget yesterday and still didn't get about 10 things on my list. Came to $179 for one week! ouch. That's with no chips or anything. Oh! I am going to making no bake energy balls in several different flavors throughout the week. The peanut butter, almond butter and honey were all pretty expensive. I bought 2 gallons of milk. From 6:00 last night until this morning they've almost killed one gallon already. ugh. Teenagers!

Hope you all are off to a good start this week! @kerryatoon going to the gym after work today? @nadiamayl how is everything going with your mom's move and all of the other craziness in your life?
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat in!! But from Mexico and dealing with relocating mom. I'll pop in here and there, but may not contribute too much today! I did indulge in a bit of authentic sweet bread for dinner!! I might indulge a bit more on a couple of yummy dishes while here. Hehehe
    We arrived yesterday morning and getting mom through airport and flight was comical but we survived.
    Hang out with family yesterday and today we go through medical and psychological assessments for mom's new apartment digs!
    Kick some booty this week, ladies!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I'm still here. I haven't been to they gym for a few days because my back pain was exacerbated by working out. Went to the chiro yesterday and getting a massage today, icing my back off and on. Hoping I will be up for it again by Friday. I'm doing alright on food.. fell off the sugar wagon last Saturday (after 12 days) but I've been within my cal goals since then. Celebrated my 1 year smoke-free yesterday!! WOOHOO! So I'm reminded that I made a very good decision a year ago to take steps to overcome that addiction. Today I am back to my low carb/no added sugar diet and doing well. Hope to be able to report that I'm working out by Friday.. this back of mine is making me grr.

@NadiaMayl I think you're doing awesome considering all the changes you're going through with your mom. Sending you good vibes for your trip!

@AZLisaLou sounds like you made some changes that if you can stick with your plan one day at a time you'll be able to achieve your goals. Do your kids work summer jobs? Maybe they can pitch in for the grocery bill? I used to have to help my mom especially during the summer when I could work 40+ hours/week. Just an idea. Glad to hear you're trying some new things!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl I hope your trip with mom is going well and she is getting settled in. Are the kids with you too? When do you get back?

@kerryatoon one day of falling off the wagon shouldn't deter you, as long as you get back on the wagon quickly. Congratulations on 1 year smoke free! That's fantastic! WOOT WOOT!!! I've been smoke free for a few years now (4 I think? maybe 5 now) and it was the best thing I could ever do for myself, so I know how you're feeling with this one. The kids have to pay me for gas money for taking them back and forth to work. I don't think I could ask them to pay for groceries. I would have a hard time with that.

I made one batch of energy bites. One batch only made about 14 little bite sized balls. maybe 2 bites each, if you stretch one. They were really good, but we were each limited to only 3. It hardly seems worth the cost of the almond butter and such. But I didn't want to make all the flavors all at once because then everyone would go through them like candy, you know what I mean? Cooked up 4 chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and I put a scoop into 4 sandwich bags....one for a salad a day for Matthew. I ground up the rest and added some mayo for chicken sandwiches. I had one last night and it was pretty good.

Not much else to report on. Hope you all continue to do well!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    I'm wiped! This has been a long week and my sister-in-law is a loud person. We're usually very quiet at home, we're probably neurotic when it comes to being respectful of noise. My SIL stomps, slams, keeps her phone on speaker, sneezes loud on purpose, yawns so oddly loud it startled me and constantly laughs and watches Facebook videos and shows them to you even though you'd just like to watch a tv show. And I'm tired, so I become less tolerant. She's very nice, I just think she's oblivious to how loud noise may affect others.
    Been behaving ok on food! I go back home tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to being done with it all.
    My boys are with my dad at home.
    I got a Tibetan bowl therapy session today and it was aaahhh-mazing!! It left me all relaxed and wobbly for the rest of the morning!
    Anyway, hoping back on routine in a few!
    @Kerryatoon hope your back is feeling better!
    @AZLisaLou I'm going toe trying making some of those energy bites when I get back!
    Talk soon!!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl I know exactly the type of person you're talking about too. They can be exhausting and not too fun to be around. Our house is also relatively quiet, and I can't take a lot of noise either. Hope you had a good trip back, and that the trip was a success for your mom.

@kerryatoon how are you?

I'm still here. That's about the best thing I can say at the moment. :neutral:
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    I am back! It's all I can say for now. I've already heard my brother's adventures with my mom -which I lived through for 7 years, so he can suck it up for a little while. Now I just need to shake this guilt and feeling like I gave up on her out of my system. Ugh, humans, we're so *kitten* complicated!!!
    On a positive note, I lost a pound this past week. Hahaha I go to Mexico and instead of gaining for stuffing my face, I do the opposite! I may have crossed over to the mindful eating threshold! I am still, however, afraid I'll some day fall back into unhealthy habits! But for now, I'll take moderation and mindfulness as a new me!

How's everyone doing?!