Late October/Early November 2017 Babies

RAxB
RAxB Posts: 120 Member
I thought I would get this started since there are a few of us all around the same time. I don't know that there will be much to post, but figured why not!

I am exactly one week from finding out the sex and very excited. I feel like it might be a girl, but I'm not sure if that's because I want a girl or because I just feel that way. I didn't have any moments that spoke to me any way, and have had NO dreams of a gender. Just dreams of being pregnant. In the meantime I have looked at EVERY old wives tale just for fun. Can you tell it's my first? :wink:

Replies

• wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    I'm in the same boat you are. My due date is 10/28. I find out the gender on 6/15 and cannot wait. I think I'm having a boy though. I want a girl because I only have nephews and my nephews and sisters want a girl (obviously healthy is number one). It's also my first. My husband has two nieces and I have two nephews. Everyone wants a healthy baby but obviously everyone wants what they don't have (boy for my in laws and girl for my family). Regardless my sisters have already said they will not be letting me hold the child because they will be fighting over the baby. Lol
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I'm not due until 22nd November, but I'll be having a planned c-section after an emergency c-section with my first on 17th November. It's very strange already having a date in mind! I wil be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

I'm 31, this is my second baby (son will be 22 months when this one comes along) and I live in the UK. I won't be finding out the sex (didn't with my first either) as I enjoy the surprise.

I put on an astonishing 57 pounds during my first pregnancy, and I am only 5'2". I was all belly! In my defense, I did produce a 10 pound baby, and there was a lot of swelling that immediately went down after birth. It was only the last 15 pounds or so that were an effort to lose, but lose them I did. Then I got pregnant a couple of weeks later so didn't have long to enjoy my slimmer figure! I would dearly like not to put on quite so much weight this time, but it's not as though I did it on purpose last time. I am choosing not to worry about it too much. I'll be growing a baby for just a few short month and have the rest of my life to lose weight.
  • RAxB
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm not due until 22nd November, but I'll be having a planned c-section after an emergency c-section with my first on 17th November. It's very strange already having a date in mind! I wil be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

I'm 31, this is my second baby (son will be 22 months when this one comes along) and I live in the UK. I won't be finding out the sex (didn't with my first either) as I enjoy the surprise.

I put on an astonishing 57 pounds during my first pregnancy, and I am only 5'2". I was all belly! In my defense, I did produce a 10 pound baby, and there was a lot of swelling that immediately went down after birth. It was only the last 15 pounds or so that were an effort to lose, but lose them I did. Then I got pregnant a couple of weeks later so didn't have long to enjoy my slimmer figure! I would dearly like not to put on quite so much weight this time, but it's not as though I did it on purpose last time. I am choosing not to worry about it too much. I'll be growing a baby for just a few short month and have the rest of my life to lose weight.

YIKES, 5'2 with a 10 pound baby?! I heard each baby after is bigger so a C section sounds like a saving grace!

You should be especially fine since you lost it the last time! I had lost 50 pounds right before getting pregnant so I also didn't have much time to enjoy my slimmer self. We are in the same boat there! I had a VERY brief window where I was okay with how my arms looked and now I'm back to "ugh..." even with the little weight gain I have had it seems to have gone straight to my arms and hips. :neutral:

I am curious since I am also on the shorter side, and this is not meant to sound judgmental AT ALL - do you feel like there was something you could have done to not have gained 57 pounds (obviously short of the swelling and GIANT baby)? I am trying to eat when I am hungry and not when I don't feel it, but with that mindset if I get constantly hungry in the later months I don't want to not eat, you know? I am looking for advice, and if you feel like the weight gain was just what your body did then so be it, but if you feel like there was something that could have been done I would love to hear any words of wisdom! Specifically if you feel like there is anything you plan to do differently with this one.

Again, in NO WAY am I judging your weight gain - you clearly had a healthy baby and was able to take it off so I say good for you!!!
  • aljudkin
    aljudkin Posts: 21 Member
    Hi there! Thanks for starting this page. I am due October 22, so just passed the halfway mark! (halfway, that's it?!?). I found out I was having a girl at 10 weeks through a blood test. I am 39 and high risk (due to a previous LEEP procedure) so I get all sorts of extra testing. This will be my third girl. I am thrilled. I adore raising girls.

Anyway, with my first child I gained 45 pounds and my second I gained barely 20. I always ate when I was hungry with both pregnancies. The only thing I did differently with the second was I fed myself with healthy foods. I rarely treated myself to sugary treats (special occasions only) and ate LOTS of vegetables to try and stay full. Anyway, hoping to keep the weight gain between 20 and 25 pounds again this time. It is so much easier to lose 20 pounds than it is to lose 40! Good luck everyone. I look forward to hearing how everyone's pregnancy develops.
  • spamarie
    RAxB wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »

YIKES, 5'2 with a 10 pound baby?! I heard each baby after is bigger so a C section sounds like a saving grace!

You should be especially fine since you lost it the last time! I had lost 50 pounds right before getting pregnant so I also didn't have much time to enjoy my slimmer self. We are in the same boat there! I had a VERY brief window where I was okay with how my arms looked and now I'm back to "ugh..." even with the little weight gain I have had it seems to have gone straight to my arms and hips. :neutral:

I am curious since I am also on the shorter side, and this is not meant to sound judgmental AT ALL - do you feel like there was something you could have done to not have gained 57 pounds (obviously short of the swelling and GIANT baby)? I am trying to eat when I am hungry and not when I don't feel it, but with that mindset if I get constantly hungry in the later months I don't want to not eat, you know? I am looking for advice, and if you feel like the weight gain was just what your body did then so be it, but if you feel like there was something that could have been done I would love to hear any words of wisdom! Specifically if you feel like there is anything you plan to do differently with this one.

Again, in NO WAY am I judging your weight gain - you clearly had a healthy baby and was able to take it off so I say good for you!!!

Hi, it's fine to ask questions.

I really don't know what I could have done differently. True, I did give up some by the 3rd trimester, having tried quite hard during the 1st and 2nd and still managed to pack on 25 pounds, but even then I didn't eat anywhere near the level you would need to put on weight at the rate I did. Yeah, I could have eaten better, but it's not like I was eating fast food and ice cream every day either. Plus when you're as uncomfortable as I was (itchy rash from hell and suspected obstetric cholestasis on top of everything else!) you really don't care all that much!

The other thing that keeps me chilled is I feel there is an obvious genetic link to my pregnancy weight gain and baby size. My mother is 4'11" and I was over 9 pounds. I came a couple of weeks earlier than my son, so would have probably been just as big had I been left to cook. My tiny mother is usually very slim, very fit, and pretty health conscious, but she also put on about 50-60 pounds in all 4 of her pregnancies, and lost it each time. My dad said we looked exactly alike the way we carried it all out the front. So, massive though I was, I really did feel I would lose it, and I was right! Took about a year though, I really didn't push myself.

Also, I didn't have GD or any other condition that makes you big. My midwife (I'm in the UK, so midwifery care for straight forward pregnancies is standard) never commented on my weight gain apart from when I asked her, and really didn't think it was a problem. I just make big, healthy babies, as do most of my family. It's what happens when tiny, short women marry big, strapping men!
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Joining the party here - I'm due November 2! Excited to connect with others who are on a similar time table. I haven't felt baby move yet, but was told I have an anterior placenta so would likely feel it later. I have my big ultrasound where they measure everything on June 12. Very excited and also a little nervous, as always. I think I'll feel better once I can feel baby kicking around. Have you ladies had your second trimester scans yet? How were they?
  • aljudkin
    I just had mine today and it is so much fun. Baby girl was squirming all around and putting on quite the show. Even more importantly, everything looks completely normal and perfect, so I will rest easy tonight!
  • wantoldme
    aljudkin wrote: »
    I just had mine today and it is so much fun. Baby girl was squirming all around and putting on quite the show. Even more importantly, everything looks completely normal and perfect, so I will rest easy tonight!

Great news to hear.
  • RAxB
    My 20 week is Monday, June 12th as well! I'm excited to see a bigger fetus version from the 12 weeks, but also nervous already for everything to be okay. Just 3 more days!
  • artgalchitown
    My 20 week is Monday, June 12th as well! I'm excited to see a bigger fetus version from the 12 weeks, but also nervous already for everything to be okay. Just 3 more days!

I'm in the same boat! Sending good thoughts your way!
  • spamarie
    My 20 week scan is a whole month away, it feels an age!

I will get an extra scan at 32 weeks. My placenta is front and low so they're checking it's not growing into my csection scar. Eek. At least I'll get to see bubba again.
  • RAxB
    Well today was the big day! First was a healthy scan with everything looking normal. And then we got to find out we are having a GIRL!!!

Apparently she also has big feet like me as the tech noted before finding the sex that "it better be a boy with those big feet" ha ha ha!
  • aljudkin
    Well today was the big day! First was a healthy scan with everything looking normal. And then we got to find out we are having a GIRL!!!

Apparently she also has big feet like me as the tech noted before finding the sex that "it better be a boy with those big feet" ha ha ha!

Girls RULE!!!!!
  • artgalchitown

Congratulations! It's all so exciting, and I'm so glad to hear everything is looking great!

I also had my 20 week scan this week. Baby is healthy and everything is in good shape. We are not finding out the sex. The tech told us our baby had big feet, too! Apparently my husband had huge feet when he was born, to the extent that all of the nurses on the floor were coming to look. At my appointment, we also discovered I have complete placenta previa. I'm on restricted activity for 8 weeks to try and avoid any contractions and bleeding, and then we will reassess. Hopefully things will move as they continue to grow and the issue will resolve itself. :(
  • RAxB
    edited June 2017

Congratulations! It's all so exciting, and I'm so glad to hear everything is looking great!

I also had my 20 week scan this week. Baby is healthy and everything is in good shape. We are not finding out the sex. The tech told us our baby had big feet, too! Apparently my husband had huge feet when he was born, to the extent that all of the nurses on the floor were coming to look. At my appointment, we also discovered I have complete placenta previa. I'm on restricted activity for 8 weeks to try and avoid any contractions and bleeding, and then we will reassess. Hopefully things will move as they continue to grow and the issue will resolve itself. :(

Yikes! Good luck and rest as you need to! I'll be crossing my fingers that in 8 weeks the issue will resolve itself. And also congrats on a big footed healthy baby :smiley:

Also, based on your user name I assume you are from Chicago? Same here! Little more Chicago baby love.
  • wantoldme
    Found out today I'm having a boy. I had a feeling it was a boy. I'm excited.
  • RAxB
    wantoldme wrote: »

Congrats!!!
  • wantoldme

Congrats!!!

Thank you. My sisters wanted a niece (obviously healthy baby is priority number 1) but we already have the most adorable (9 and 8 year old) nephews so we wanted something different. My husband on the other hand has two nieces (hlmy husband only has one sibling a brother). I wanted to dress up a girl but I won't lie I think baby boys are just adorable.

• artgalchitown

Yikes! Good luck and rest as you need to! I'll be crossing my fingers that in 8 weeks the issue will resolve itself. And also congrats on a big footed healthy baby :smiley:

Also, based on your user name I assume you are from Chicago? Same here! Little more Chicago baby love.

Yep, in Chicago too! Thank you for your kind words - sending good thoughts your way, too, for a healthy pregnancy and baby girl :)
  • artgalchitown

Yay, congratulations!