Day 52 June 7

Options
Kenda2427
Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
Happy Hump Day flowers!

Well, today is looking like an improvement for me. The sun is shining and I actually put makeup on today feeling more comfortable that I won't cry it off. Yesterday was my turning point and I am doing better.

I didn't do bad on my goals till last night after I came in from working outside. I ended up having some chips and dip so that put me way over, but I'm ok with that. I didn't gorge on them nor eat myself sick so that was a win in of itself. I had some and then put them away.

Today's goals:
hydrate
make more conscious decisions
yard work tonight
rest

Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @kenda2427 I am glad you are having a better day. I love your goals for the day. Nice way to ease into it.

I had a great day yesterday! Made almost all my goals. My BF texted me right before I left work and asked if I wanted him to pick something up from work instead of cooking. I told him that would be great. He knew I was irritated at work, and with cooking the previous night. So went home, and instead of making dinner, I cleaned out the dang pantry that has been driving me nuts. He picked up McDonald's. He was pretty good, he got me the grilled chicken with none of the sauce on it (How I order it.), the unsweetened tea, and fries. Normally, I get the fruit parfait. He even refrained from getting himself a shake so that he wouldn't be drinking it in front of me. I ate my chicken, no bun, and half the fries. So made it work. :) Even had room for Sorbet afterwards. Having a great support system is such a blessing.

Yesterday's goals:
    Gym Time :)
    Lunch Walk B) ran (or should I say shuffled) for 40 minutes
    17000 Steps B) 25K
    Stay in Green :D
    100 squats :)
    Pack gym bag for tomorrow :)
    PANTRY B)
    BOOKS :p
    Lunch Stuff :s I got some things to bring, but have chicken I really need to cook.
    Focus at work. meh. They irritated the crap out of me, didn't feel much like working after that.

Today's Goals:
    Gym Time :)
    Lunch Walk
    17000 Steps
    Stay in Green
    100 squats
    Pack gym bag for tomorrow
    Lunch Stuff
    Focus at work.

Rinse and repeat! All this work is paying off. I have almost lost all the weight I gained over the last couple of weeks.

Have a wonderful Hump Day!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers !!!

Hurray for feeling better @Kenda2427 !!!

@jdelaroy it sure is great to feel like you have people in your corner and that you can count on them. It really makes us feel like this is a lifestyle we can maintain for the long run.

Since Monday was a total energy blowout, yesterday I was more mellow but I still did everything I set out including a nice swim session. While at the gym, I had two NSV's. The first one is learning how to do flips underwater :) so much fun and I've been waiting for them forever. The second NSV was flipping the big tire that the gym has outside. The tire is 380lb and I used to flip it easily two summers ago, when I was heavier. Sure is nice to see that my strength hasn't gone down.

This morning on the battlefield of weightloss, the scale takes another hit! You guessed it, despite over 800 calories in deficit, my weight is up almost a pound. On the positive side, I'm looking leaner so the fight continues.

Today's plan is to eat within calories and macros, train, do chin-ups, hit the steps, drink all the water and sleep good.

Let's have a fabulous Wednesday!!!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,912 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning,

@danelutza19, "The tire is 380lb and I used to flip it easily two summers ago, when I was heavier. Sure is nice to see that my strength hasn't gone down." Wowwwwwww, my NEW name for you is "Wonder Woman" !!!!!!! As far as the scale, I'm sure your building muscle.

For me, I would love to lose 2 or 3 pounds by next week. How hard can this be, lol. Yesterday even though it was almost in the 90's in Washington State. I was able to get a fabulous workout in. My husband wanted to go to our favorite Teriyaki restaurant. I didn't have the spring roll plus saved half for lunch today, yay for me!

Today's goals:
    1. Morning workout
    2. Strength (monthly/YouTube)
    3. No late night snacking
    4. Start yoga camp again
    5. Grocery list - start
    6. Start Afghan (decide on yarn)

Let's make this happen!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Kenda2427 Glad you are feeling better. And it sounds like you worked up an appetite in the fresh air. Well done on the moderation.
    @jdelaroy What a great guy. He's obviously been paying attention lol! Sounds like you exercised restraint as well, last night. Well done. And you did great on those goals, too!
    @danelutza19 Great NSVs. And I think the looking trimmer might have a bearing on the slight weight gain. You must be building muscle mass. Yay!!!
    @GrandmaJackie Jackie, when I eat out, I always seem to gain a pound or two. I think it's the high sodium in restaurant food. It makes you retain water. I drink loads of water to flush out the sodium, which usually gets the weight back down fairly quickly.

I was off out very early this morning so didn't get to posting here. Our garden group went on an open garden visit. Lots of walking as it was quite large. I got lots of good ideas for our garden.

It was Butt Challenge rest day today, so I did an arms workout and just a short 5 minutes on my butt before I went out. Working on getting my steps up when I finish posting this. And planning a short yoga session. Hubster is out tonight, so no interruptions lol!

I'm with Jackie! Work to make your dreams reality!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Finally catching up with you lovely lot. I'm so sorry I haven't been on much this past week. As you all know I will be having surgery and its now come around. I will be going into hospital on Monday and having surgery on Tuesday. I will most likely stay in hospital for a week and then I have a month of recovery at home. I wont be able to do any kind of workout for at least a month. It will be so hard to not hold my baby it already makes me sad just thinking about it. I will still be able to weigh in each week.

@Kenda2427 - The sun always makes my days better too. So glad to hear you are doing better.

@jdelaroy - Good job making your goals! Way to make McDonalds fit in. I hear ya on the support system. It really makes a huge difference in our journeys. Good job to your BF!

@danelutza19 - What fun NSV's! As for the lb up...I'm betting its muscle!

@GrandmaJackie - Good job staying in control at the Teriyaki Restaurant. I always have trouble with this when we eat out. I always say I will be reasonable and then I hit the buffet line like theres no tomorrow!

@TerriRichardson112 - Open Garden visit sounds lovely! Good luck with your goals today!