Week of June 5th: Daily Accountability Discussion Thread

Options
SpiritHippo
SpiritHippo Posts: 53 Member
Hi there,
I read the discussion post leading to the creation of the group and the main purpose was to partner in daily accountability so I though I would create this discussion thread for accountability each day this week. I'm not sure what structure for accountability the creator has in mind, but I'll put this out there to start things off:

Tuesday, June 6th:
Positive choices- packed a very healthy breakfast and lunch for work, maintained a good balance of calorie intake throughout the work day so I didn't starve in the evening, and made the best of a last minute schedule change by ordering a healthy option at McDonald's for dinner (artisan grilled chicken sandwich= 380 calories, grilled chicken patty only= 130 calories, apple slice= 40 calories). Also, went out of my way to get in steps all day and almost hit the 10,000 step goal but fell short. Completed 2 miles on the treadmill. Went to sleep at a reasonable time.
Negative choices- scrapped a healthy dinner option at home in order to save time and do something fun after work. I could have thrown together that Cobb Salad for which I already prepared all the ingredients.

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I've done pretty well this week, so far. I've done cycle classes Tuesday and Wednesday and have been within my calories. I'm trying not to weigh myself as I tend to get discouraged if it isn't going down every time, ha. Goal today is to keep my calories within goal as I don't think I'll be exercising tonight. Oh and a big win yesterday was I didn't eat one cookie! I've been having at least 1 of my kids cookies every night when they go to bed, and when I saw at least 1, I mean 3+. I'm trying to kick that habit!
  • SpiritHippo
    SpiritHippo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Hi There! I've done pretty well this week, so far. I've done cycle classes Tuesday and Wednesday and have been within my calories. I'm trying not to weigh myself as I tend to get discouraged if it isn't going down every time, ha. Goal today is to keep my calories within goal as I don't think I'll be exercising tonight. Oh and a big win yesterday was I didn't eat one cookie! I've been having at least 1 of my kids cookies every night when they go to bed, and when I saw at least 1, I mean 3+. I'm trying to kick that habit!

That is great! Spin classes burn a ton of calories and I always feel more motivated to eat well after putting in so much hard work on the bike. It sounds like you are right on track!