Minimizing guess work

Debeison
Debeison Posts: 5 Member
I am certain you guys know how issues and/or conflict come up in the workplace or at home for that matter. Nonetheless, recently, I’ve paid close attention to how certain patterns touch my quest for healthy living. For example, I received a surprise via email yesterday. The subject of this message was “Meeting Follow-Up” and the content of the message listed urgent action items for me to handle. In reading through the email, I discovered that the individual who sent the message was asking about next steps pursuant to our meeting. Of concern to me was the fact that I was not in the meeting that was referenced. I’m guessing there was actually a meeting where these action items were discussed and agreements were made. However, I know that I did not participate in the meeting, in fact, I had not been invited to join. I don’t even work for the individual who sent me the assignment. I’ll have to do something to figure out next steps. Having to figure out something that frankly smacks of chaos is what I mean by specific patterns that influence behavior. This process does not make for smooth operations. Being placed in a position to figure out how to yield a successful outcome with pieces of a puzzle is often not the best road to success. Let’s take lunchtime as an example. Lunchtime rolls around daily. What time am I going to have lunch? I’ve decided to stop guessing and participate in the decision. I’ve put a reminder on my Fitbit to alert me that it’s time for lunch. Establishing healthy habits and executing them are a good thing! Take the guess work out of it! I know that I am more likely to enjoy success, be in control and feel good if I bring lunch or plan what I’m having and when I’m having it. Why leave the decision about health to an attitude that reflects “ guess I’ll have whatever the group decides”. Why wait and figure it out when you’re hungry or “hangry” and accept the first available thing that looks good. Let’s put our best guess (and chaos) aside and put our best foot forward and plan, what and when we’ll enjoy nourishment. Sound good?