Time for a New Strava Group ?

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
I've just noticed - the chap who started this group has deactivated his account, leaving the Group un-moderated and un-supervised. Does anyone think theres any mileage in Setting up a different one, actually using it for all the Strava Challenge discussions etc ? I'm happy to sort one out if people are going to use it... seeing as I set up the MFP team on Strava in the first place, I sort of feel a bit responsible for it...

Replies

• Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Groups are nice, and I had heard of the Strava Group, but had not joined. Making more groups of the same thing just adds confusion. Perhaps you can contact the moderators of MFP and ask to be made the new default moderator for the group.

If would also be great if MFP and Strava could link together like some of the other apps - like runkeeper already does.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I think the big problem is that frankly, this group died on it's *kitten* because the group initiator didn't do anything about keeping it bubbling. With the result that everyone just kind of joined, looked at the 2 posts in there, and never bothered coming back. Up until something like a week ago, the last post was from months ago...

I frankly doubt that MFP would even consider "modding me up" on this group - I'd actually put money on them closing the group entirely as the Originator has deactivated. So, with this in mind, I'm Going to stick an announcement thread for the new group in here, and that'll be my last post in here.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great to have an active MFP Strava group. It's great to be able to give each other encouragement.

Count me in.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I took your advice re: contacting the MFP Powers that be - 3 days, no reply - I'm guessing that'll be a no then...

So - I'll direct any of my further posts to the new group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15535-mfp-strava-cycling-club instead...