Anything bad to report about the Vivoactive HR?

Options
OnthatStuff
OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
I returned a Vivosmart HR+ and upgraded to a vivoactive HR this past weekend. I don't see anything bad to report; however, I wanted to be sure to head off any issues I may run into down the line.

Might any of you Viviactive HR users out there have any regrets about purchasing?

Replies

• mwbirren
    mwbirren Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a VivoActive HR as well (had BodyMedia, then Basis Peak previously). I like it, although still use RunKeeper to log activities. Not because I don't trust Garmin, it just seemed easier, more flexible.
    I am a little confused about the option I set where calories Garmin steps get subtracted from MFP. I forget the setting, but I wanted to be sure NOT to double-count Garmin steps with RunKeeper walking activities.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks @mwbirren. I'll take the silence from everyone else as an all-clear to trudge ahead.
  • spatter01
    spatter01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just picked a vivoactive hr up myself and I am loving it. No concerns.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Since the latest software update, mine has been a bit haywire, a lot of people are having similar issues too. Hoping it can be rectified with a replacement, just waiting on instructions from Garmin.
  • Physick
    Physick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So I got mine 2 weeks ago and it needed to update to the latest software. Ok fine- my only issues were it was not live reporting HR to my watch faces, and wouldn't actually record swimming. Like, I'd start it and it would count the time, but zero strokes, zero anything. I wasn't sure the two were related until I tried getting the swim feature to work at home- started the widget, made swimming motions with my hands- it wasn't recording anything again, and then suddenly... it rebooted. I was like- oh great, I need to return this one. Nope! It somehow sensed it wasn't doing its job and then rebooted itself, and after that... it's working perfectly. It updates the HR to my watch faces now and the swim feature now works fine. I think it just needed to reboot itself after doing the update.

Basically if you just bought a new one and some features aren't working right after the update, reboot it. Don't factory reboot it because then it'll have to go through the update again- just reboot it after you do the update. Hope this helps somebody out there!