Day 55: 10 June 2017

Options
TerriRichardson112
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Good morning, all. Well it's actually a dull, wet day, but I'll make the most of it.

@jdelaroy Some days we just don't seem to be able to catch a break. Kudos for picking yourself up, and moving on.
@GrandmaJackie Keep up the good work. It's a long term investment in your future.
@danelutza19 I agree. Life is a roller coaster. We just hang on, enjoy the highs, and work our way through the lows. It may be two steps forward, and one back! Lol! But we will progress.
@lpeltenburg Sounds like you need some new employees. Lol! Is there a disciplinary process in place? You shouldn't have to be chasing their tails all the time. Maybe a written warning might remind them who is boss.

Yesterday wasn't promising, and our PhotoPlus group had planned a photo shoot at our local marina. But the clouds cleared and the day turned sunny and calm. Afterwards we had coffee and scones overlooking the sea, (but I still managed to stay under goal. Lol!) And I got close to 15,000 steps in! The shots below are of the marina, and the Fun Park swans.

I :heart: retirement.
Have a great weekend!

etknt2a75jok.jpg
7zqgz2kenqw0.jpg

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Today will be a better day. I still have to work, but the sun is shining, it will be busy & the time will pass quickly. When I went back to work I was in a better frame of mind. I told all 3 employees that they needed to wear their shirts every day. The only consequence that I can think of is less hours. Right now that would mean more work for me. It does mean that when it slows down I will not give anyone hours just for the sake of keeping them around. I have an employee from last year coming back in a week, so I will have no problem reducing & changing hours.

I am very proud of myself. DH was getting blizzards from Dairy Queen for his birthday. I was going to get myself Ben & Jerrys (cuz if I am going to splurge...) but I just drove home... I was rewarded with a drop back down on the scale, almost back to the lowest weight I have seen. I also tried on some pants that didn't fit & now they do.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,927 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning,

Just a quick check in before my granddaughter wakes up. My daughter is away on business and my grandson had a father and son campout with the scouts. We're keeping my granddaughter for a couple nights.

This is the first time we kept her over night at grandmas and grandps house. While I was laying her down last night she keep wanting to do fist bumps, lol. She is so much fun but a bundle of energy. Today the plan is to get park time in and maybe a nap for grandma, lol

Today's plan
    1.Healthy food choices
    2. Park time
    3. No late night snacking
    4. Stay under calorie goal

Let's make this happen!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

Thank you for sharing your photography with us @TerriRichardson112 !!! It's very well framed and has great composition. You have the artist eye.

@lpeltenburg congratulations on resisting temptation and having a nice loss! When you do the right thing despite bad circumstances you know you're awesome!!!

@GrandmaJackie sounds like you have a trainer on call 24/7. The little one will gives you so much joy and keeps you entertained so much that time will just fly by. Hope you get that nap in!!!

Yesterday was really good, all goals achieved but I could have done better if I would have limited myself to just one serving of tortilla chips instead of 3 ;)

Today's the weekend and the plans are mild and easy. The sun is bright and the day is hot; we're going to grill some food and the see where the day takes us. The goals are: eat within calories, do the chin-ups, steps, water, fun and sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Saturday!!!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hello @everyone,

Well done to you all for keeping going and all your progress !!

Well I have had a BUSY last couple days. My youngest child graduated high school last night and I had to travel because he lives with his dad almost 100 miles away. The GOOD part is that I got to spend time on the beach and with my babies. The youngest SAM is almost 19 now. My Daughter (24) is also there with my Grandson (5 1/2). I couldn't have asked for a better SHORT visit other than a LONGER one..LOL. SO... now to refocus yet again until NEXT month when my OLDEST son (26) distracts me with his wedding.

In all the hubbub of the goings on's I lost a POUND !!! PLEASE GOD don't let me find it again... I am BEGGING you !! 128 has never felt SO GOOD...LOL