Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
Who's on board this week?

Replies

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Me me me! Long power outage in my hood meant going for a walk with the hubs... tons of neighbors out, kids playing, bike riders,... confirmation of how detrimental technology can be to our society! No tv, no internet, no video games and everyone out laughing, exercising and socializing! Hehehe
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl Sounds like you had a real throwback evening! I remember those days, so long ago! Great, healthy dinner tonight. Poor Man's Stew. Ground beef, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, tomato paste, beef broth and a couple seasonings and that's it. Just boil until carrots and potatoes are tender. It was completely gone, which made me sad. It would have been nice to have a little for lunch tomorrow. However, while making this very healthy dinner I was also making monkey butter. It's delicious, but a very little goes a long way. Very sweet, but really flavorful too. I've been wanting to try it for quite a while now, and had to do it tonight as my bananas were almost too far gone for everything except the trash. Caught them just in time. I will have to take it easy on that stuff though. Too yummy.

I gained a couple lbs, which is frustrating. I had been maintaining since January. I'd rather be losing, but maintaining is an accomplishment too. But now I gained 3 lbs, which isn't a lot, but it is when it's so hard for me to lose. I think it was the new medication my dr put me on. After starting it I read the info on it and one of the side effects is "rapid weight gain"! ugh. I stopped taking it. When you see a patient in front of you who is already morbidly obese, why oh why would you put them on something that could cause rapid weight gain, especially when said medication was for the mere fact that I fidget?! so frustrating! I don't see that dr for another month, but I told my case manager at the clinic that I'm not taking it.

@kerryatoon are you with us?
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Just checking in. Where are you ladies? Nothing to report from me. Status quo. Looking forward to hearing from you two though.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Summer means tons of unstructured play! Forcing kids to keep up with sssooommmeee academics (30 min of math or science through IXL - a website to school practice), in exchange they earn an extra 15 min of screen time)! Means heardinf and convincing but they get it done!
    Lots of swimming, nerf gun fighting and bunches of snacks (trying to not bust out the chips all the time and have healthier alternatives)!
    My mom moved into her apartment yesterday and my brother said she was very quiet and morose. I expect the change to have been very hard and she'd be having a tough couple of weeks. I hope she can recover. It worries me a little and I'm all the way out here. Aaannyyywwwayyy...
    All going well, eating is on point, but just play swimming with the kids for exercise.
    Hope you girlies are having a good week! Happy HumpDay! :smile:
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl sounds like you've got some structure going on. My kids stay up all night playing video games and sleep all day. I hope your mom adjust quickly and really loves her place. How far away is your brother? Can he go see her often?

I made burritos for dinner tonight. My family said it's the best batch of meat/beans combo I've made to date. Yea for me! I only had one. Good job, self.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Where are you girls?? Just chuggin' along over here. Trying to survive the AZ desert heat. ugh. Monday and/or Tuesday it's supposed to be 120*! Yikes! I hope Sara doesn't work those days so I don't have to get in my blistering, boiling car.

I've been eating pretty well. Not snacking in between meals is a good thing. Now that I'm off the weight-gaining meds I hope to lose those few lbs and get back to at least maintaining. I'm ok with maintaining until I can get in a better frame of mind to get in the lose column.

How are you all??
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Is anybody out there?