Weight Gain! Please Stop!

Options
2»

Replies

• Luvinfunkyworm
    Luvinfunkyworm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 4 years out. Started my weight loss journey at 347 lbs. Got down to 170 and then got to comfortable with my weight and success. My weight gain after the sleeve has gone as high at 205 I am currently 197 - trying to lose at least what I have gained back before it gets out of control. I stopped using MFP almost 2 years ago and stopped tracking what I was eating which is where my mistake was. I am now back to logging what I eat daily, trying to incorporate walking/running more which I find difficult to do simply because I work a desk job, and work 12-13 hour shifts. I have made excuses on the days I work simply because its so late when I get home, but on my days off I have NO EXCUSE to be lazy!
    Feel free to add me I'd love to get to know some of you who appear to have the same issues as I am having!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Very similar situation here. I started at 287 in 8/14, got down to 163 in 2/16 , and had regained up to 216 over the past couple of years. I've lost 11 pounds in the past month, and I'm back to running/walking about 10-12 miles per week. I already feel much better and plan to stick it out until I'm back to around 175. That's where I think I feel best without excessive exercise (I was running 20-30 miles per week at my lowest weight, but I also didn't have a job...which is not true now!)

My plan is just track, exercise regularly 3-5 times per week, and don't sweat the small stuff. I'd love to lose 2 lbs per week, but I'm fine with less than that if it means I stick with it. I'm trying to be better about meeting my protein goals and waiting 30 minutes to drink as well.

Best wishes on your plan--it sounds like you're on the right track!
  • barngrill
    barngrill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too am battling a regain. My high was 260 at VSG in 12/15. Down to 150 in 1/17 and regained 25 lbs over the past year and a half. I have tracked daily since my surgery and exercise regularly. My problem is the kinds of food I'm eating (sweets, carbs, salty snacks) past my full point and generally at night. Stress at work, busy home life, general depression, embarrassment from the regain. I'm motivated almost every morning but it goes to s*it by the end of the day. I'm in hand-to-hand combat with myself every day. It's depressing.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @barngrill SUGAR and other refined carbohydrates are ADDICTIVE. The sooner we realize that the sooner we can tackle it. Things really aren't going to get better unless you try to cut them out of your life. I still have some occasionally but don't keep junk around the house. If you find yourself eating mindlessly because of cravings it's probably that your addicted. It sucks.