70 days!

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
I just realized - I am 30 weeks pregnant today. 10 weeks or 70 days left.

...it doesn't seem like much. o_o

Replies

• kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    94 days for me and heading into beached whale territory! Bump feels huge and I'm starting to outgrow my maternity clothes. Sleeping is getting uncomfortable despite numerous pillows and once again I'm having to get up to pee at night. She is so active now and seems to be all bones, elbows and knees digging in.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I know! On one hand, I am really uncomfortable. My pregnancy with my daughter, absent the hyperemesis, was less painful. I got uncomfortable at the end but I carried her so differently it didn't put as much pressure on my hips and belly so early. On that note 10 weeks sounds like a really long time, especially when you figure it really could be up to 12 more weeks if babyboy decides he's comfy.

But on the other hand, I also love being pregnant. It's not supposed to be possible, I am not supposed to be able to get pregnant. I like being able to cherish that my body did something doctors told me I couldn't, that for four very long years we thought was impossible. (Well longer than that really - my daughter was a fertility baby. So I have thought of my body as broken for a long time.) It may well be that our little miracle is a total fluke and likely to never ever happen again...so I do want to hold on to every moment, knowing that after today I may never get another chance to be 30+0 again, yanno?
  • kcasey155
    Options
    I wouldn't have it any other way either :bigsmile:
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile since I have been on here but I thought I would check in. I am 28w 2d today but I am pregnant with twins so I won't go past 38 weeks. So, I have 68 days left....maybe. My doc is predicting 34-36 weeks. So, we will just have to wait and see. I am feeling a lot of pregnancy pains I had not felt with my first two children. But, am doing alright. I am not allowed to workout anymore and am ordered to rest. So, that is what I have been doing. Weight gain has been coming on. Up 26 lbs now. Had hoped to only gain 30. I think I may be closer to the 35 mark. I really fell off the wagon of logging in my food. I had great plans to stay within my calorie goals this pregnancy but after finding out it was twins at 20 weeks (plus I found I was starving most of the time) I stopped tracking pretty quickly. That is when the weight started to go up.
  • kcasey155
    Options
    I never stopped logging, but still managed to gain back in the second trimester everything I had lost in the first. She had some major growth spurts between 22 and 27 weeks. So if I gain 6 to 8lbs by 28 weeks, you should have gained twice that roughly, so it may not be the not logging that caused the weight gain. And I know that the only measurement of mine which has changed is my waistline!

And I can sympathise with the extra aches and pains, my daughter batters me night and day and you have that twice over, plus them fighting for space. Then there's the extra weight - I'm thinking of investing in some better scaffolding for holding up the bump as I have no stomach muscles left by #5 and yours is probably twice as heavy to carry about. I do feel for you!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I gained most of my weight between weeks 20 and 26 so I think based on everyone I've talked to that's really normal, plus you have twins so you're expected to gain more. I haven't weighed in today, still waking up, but expecting to be up around 16-17lbs at 31 weeks. I was hoping to keep my weight gain to 20-25...20 obviously isn't possible any more but definitely hoping 25 doesn't go out the window.

Edit: And after saying that I didn't gain anything this week, so am still at 15lbs. I don't understand my body, lol. I feel like I am going to keep going +2, +0, +2, +0...which I guess isn't so bad, puts me on track for 24lbs or so. Still more than I'd hoped for but not bad at all.
  • kcasey155
    Options
    I have 70 days to go as of today! :happy:
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Yay!

I have 46 til guess date, and 39 til csection if we go that route...THAT is scary!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Wow, that's not long at all now. Scary and exciting!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    36 days til my possible induction...hoping she comes before then! I'm so ready for her to get here and not be pregnant anymore!!! :)
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    56 days until the due date, but I could end up tacking up to 14 onto that if the little bugger decides to sit tight. I really hope he comes sooner rather than later, that's for sure!

I want to complain about my aches and pains, but they really aren't that bad. I try to remind myself that my pregnancy with my daughter was much, much worse and that keeps it in perpective. I do still complain nightly to the hubs. I just cannot help myself! It is awfully inconvenient to be so large and awkward!!

I have logged every day of the pregnancy and have consistantly worked out from the beginning, so I trust my body is doing what it needs to do. I am at 26 gained at 32 weeks, so not tragic and in the realm of normal. I feel every pound though and look forward to getting my body back.
  • mnmomto4
    Options
    39 days until my c-section date!!! Can't believe I am into the 30's now. But, my doc is predicting 34-36 weeks I will deliver so my babies (twins) could come in as little as 11 days. I think I will go farther than that but have a hard time believing I will make my 38 week scheduled c-section. My prediction I make it to 36.5 weeks to possibly 37. Can't wait for it to be done too. Want them to cook longer to avoid nicu but I hurt so bad. I waddle everywhere, my hips are killing me, and my back is killing me about 100% of the time. I have gained 30 lbs which isn't too bad for 32.5 weeks pregnant with twins. Right in my recommended weight gain area. I had hoped for less but with getting the restriction of no exercise at week 25 the weight came on a little quicker than I would have liked for awhile there. I have it more under control now, about a lb a week gain the last 4 weeks. If I can keep that up to the end I will be happy with my weight gain. 35 lbs or under would be great for this pregnancy. I gained 30 lbs with my 2nd pregnancy and lost all that weight in 3 weeks. My first I went way out of control and gained over 60. I lost track at the end so it might have been closer to 70. Never lost all that weight. I lost weight before getting pregnant and I still don't weight what I weighed when I started mfp. My goal is to not get to that number. I have 7 more lbs to reach that number. Getting close but I don't believe I will hit it. If I hit 35 weeks I plan on walking around the block again. I don't care if the walk will push me into labor. If it doesn't I will just burn some calories and not miss out on the family walks in the evening.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    It is crazy how close we are all getting...August is just about gone and then all that is between us and our due dates is September...and for some of us, that may not stand in our way...Wow!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Yesterday was a tad too close for my liking as I overdid the lawn mowing and ended up having forty minutes of quite painful contractions. Today I am sitting on my backside at every opportunity and having a restful day. (Which sounds great but is really frustrating as I keep thinking of things I ought to be doing!)

So, jchepilus, are the twins identical, same egg/sac? Or seperate eggs/sacs? and do you know if they are the same sex or not? And if I remember rightly you're already pushing a double buggy, so what will you be doing for transport? I forget how old your other kids are. Your weight gain is just great and I don't think you've got anything to be concerned about there. And you'll lose anything extra running around after four kids easy, because that's what I did before I quit smoking. It's a shame you're so uncomfortable as they need as much cooking time as you can give them, however I sympathise completely and can't imagine what it's really like having twice the kicks and half the room for each child. It's still so exciting though!

Less than 10 hours here until September first!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    And we're in September! Whoa!

Kcasey I definitely hear you. My daughter slipped and hit her head - I'm not really able to carry her around but adrenaline kicked in and I rushed her around to clean her up and then to the car when I realized we needed to go to the hospital. I paid for it in contractions that night and I think if I had been a little further along it could have pushed him into coming early, which was a little scary!
  • mnmomto4
    Options
    We do not know what the twins are as far as sex wise. We believe they are fraternal because they do have separate sacs. However, we did not find out they were twins until 19 weeks and identical can split into two sacs during 2nd tri. So, there is still a chance we may be surprised they are identical. Although, they are measuring pretty different weights and one baby has way more hair than the other baby currently. So, the chances they are is pretty slim. hopeful that is the case. I really don't want identical and since I have a boy and a girl right now I am hopeful we are having a boy and girl.

As far as being is september. Can't believe it. I am 33w 2d today. I had 5 contractions in a hour about two hours ago. They seem to be slowing down now. So scary. Hate those things. My son also had an accident this week. he fell and his forehead went perfectly into the corner of the wall. I had to pick him up (he is 2y 4m) and get my 4 yr old ready too and rush off to childrens hospital. He ended up needing 11 stitches. We left in such a hurry I forgot his shoes and everything. So, i carried him from the ramp into the emergency room. Then 5 hours later he finally got stitched up without any food or water for any of us. Long day, stressful, and dehydrated I had contractions all night into the next day. No sleep then too because the pain was too bad. We hope to make it to 36 weeks. My doc is just hopeful to make it to 35 weeks. I have weekly doctor appts now with weekly ultrasounds to make sure all is ok. My daughter starts preschool next week and my son started speech one day a week. Needless to say (even though I did not allow any activities this fall soccer or swim lessons) the schedule managed to get a bit busy at the end of this pregnancy. I think the next 1-3 weeks will probably go very quickly for us.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Enediyne we are almost there! I have to admit I have pretty much everything washed and folded away...I went into nesting mode :)

Jchepulis - apparently it was ER week for us :( My daughter just got her stitches out. It was very scary since head injuries bleed so much. How is your little guy going?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for at least 36w for you! Getting there!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    So the question may be which one of our toddlers will put one of us into labour first!?! I'm so lucky in that we've avoided the ER this year so far. Unlike a year or two ago when we were there every few weeks with one child or another.

Good luck jc incase we don't speak again before you go in. I'm so excited for you. I certainly will be thinking of you all and wishing you all well!

I've had three days with no serious contractions now and am beginning to relax again, thank goodness.