"Stubborn" areas and how long before you saw results?

Options
I cleaned up my diet and began a strength training interval program 12 weeks ago. So far I'm very pleased with the results. However, the flab on my triceps appears to be ignoring the message. At 5'7", my chest-waist-hip measurements have shrunk from 36-28-38 to 34-25-36, but my upper arms remain steady at 11.5" (barely a half inch smaller than when I began). It's not muscle, it's definitely flab (easy to pinch).

I realize this is a minor complaint (hence why I'm posting to the Skinny Fat board), but my flabby arms just look so out of proportion compared to the rest of me... it's frustrating.

Do any of you also have a "stubborn" area on your body? If so, how long did it take before you began to see improvement?

Replies

• smarget
    smarget Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and i dont know what to do either! Were you able to get rid of any fat since your post ?
  • Tmsmith007
    Options
    I have got the same stubborn tricep area and it doesn't matter what I post either. The message is slow getting through. I picked up some tricep exercises via utube that have toned things up a bit and some arm and chest exercises that are creating the upper body I want, but slow sure does seem to be the thing with upper body training. Good luck!
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My stubborn area is definitely my thighs. Been working out consistently for 4 months now and while I see progress in other areas, the fat in my thighs has refused to budge. In fact after insanity, my thighs had gotten half an inch thicker....argghhhh. :sad: The cellulite seems even more noticeable. Will keep at it and see how it goes.
  • npavlato
    Options
    Same issue with my triceps- however, while my measurements haven't gone down too much, I can see quite a difference in muscle tone after many months of tricep dips, lifting (relatively light) free weights, and planks. Love me some planks. I'm assuming the pinchable fat won't completely disappear at 36 no matter how much I lose; at BMI of 21.6 there's clearly still some there. It is so slow going, and if I start skipping weights the muscle disappears so quickly. Consistency and persistance have been the key for me.
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    I am pleased to say that I am FINALLY seeing my triceps shrink! It has taken six months of strength training 2-3 days per week, but its finally happening! I think my triceps are just the last place my body will lose inches - for whatever reason. Perseverance pays off !!
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My calves don't like to grow. :(
  • daddyridley
    Options
    I'm 6ft 1. I did weigh 15stone 6 lbs around Xmas and decided to join a gym to lose fat and build muscle. In around 5 months going to the gym and eating a much cleaner diet I now weigh 13stone 8lbs. I've lost weight but just hanging on to a bit of stomach fat. I'm eating oatmeal twice a day with water instead of milk and 2 scoops of protein powder. 2 bananas a day. Can of tuna or a turkey sandwich on wholemeal no butter spread or anything. Chicken and sweet chilli rice by uncle bens and a protein shake. I go to the gym 4 times a week doing weights and 10min cardio each time. Has any one got any tips how to lose my stomach fat without me losing muscle I'm putting on. Thank u guys