Hurting feet

Options
Friends, after 16 weeks (lol) I finally made it to week 7 of C25k. I now have issues with my feet. I've been researching and noticed that it could be a variety of things. Anybody have challenges with aching feet? Solutions?

Replies

• Dee_Denmark
    Dee_Denmark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! I had to invest in a good pair of running shoes. Not just sneakers, but running shoes. I find myself Javon to purchase a new pair every 4-6 months.
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I concur with getting a good pair of running shoes. I also suggest going to a store that specializes in running shoes, where you can get fitted properly for a pair of shoes.
  • brownladya
    Options
    I think the socks you wear are just as important as the shoes you're wearing. Most people own those cotton ankle socks; cotton is awful for feet when running because they don't allow the feet to air out. As a result, your feet will sweat and rub together which will cause blisters (painful ones). I recently bought socks from TJ Maxx that don't have cotton in them for $4.99 for 3 pairs (you have to read each tag)... it was the best money I've spent - I haven't had those issues since making that change!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I know this is older (I was on vacation) but I have the same issue, but I haven't been running as frequently. My feet have been cramping up on me the last few weeks, and I just invested in a new pair of shoes. One of my fitness buddies suggested using a golf ball and using it to "roll out" those muscles.

I hope you are pain free!
  • prissychrissy7
    prissychrissy7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I finally finished the C25K program and my feet are pain free. I did purchase a new pair of shoes. I planning run my first 5K this Friday and will try the golf ball method after my run.