Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
Is anybody in with me this week?

Replies

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Busy weekend, kid's bday party, Father's Day, decluttering some of mom's apartment... orchestra camp this weekend, so early wake up calls, booooo....
    Let's do our best this week! Did Kerryatoon disappear on us?!
    How was your weekend azlisalou? I can't access my at symbol on the iPad... weird!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl I'm hoping @kerryatoon is just busy like you were and comes back. My weekend went very well except for a piece of pecan pie yesterday. And my dinner portions were bigger yesterday too. Couldn't help it...I'm too good of a cook! lol

Ugh the heat here is getting to be unbearable. Living in the desert has the benefit of no earthquakes, no tornados, no hurricanes, etc. But we do get oppressive heat. I finally got a steering wheel cover for my new car which is a necessity. Otherwise you're driving with a towel or oven mitts because the steering wheel gets so hot.

@nadiamayl you have been one busy lady!!! Holy cow. Hopefully things have calmed down a bit for you. How have you been doing on your goals?
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Oh my, I can relate to the heat. My TX heat is humid and sticky. This week is getting up in the high 90s. I don't think we get quite as hot as Arizona, not enough to need mittens to drive! Whew!
    You got me craving pecan pie!! Do you make it from scratch? Yum!
    My goals ? Not lose my sanity. Literally. I don't think I'll make it to the gym again until we're back from holiday. We'll go to The Netherlands to visit my hubby's family for 10 days and another 10 just for us in Spain. We get back in August and it's almost right away to the back-to-school madness. Meanwhile, I haven't coped well with the stress of my mom moving and the going-back to school thing. So my dermatitis has been VERY flared up. I've lost about 1/2 of my hair and my scalp is constantly itchy. It's now getting achy. I keep trying all kinds of natural remedies because the medicated shampoos are sooo aggressive!!
    I really need to focus on stress management when I get back. At least, for a change, I'm not using food for it any more!!! :smile:
    Allergy shot today. So it'll be an achy night. Hehe
    @AZLisaLou How about you? Any progress with looking into the sleep study?
    @Kerryatoon where aaarree you!?!? I hope your back is not keeping you down and you're just busy!!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl I'm so sorry you've been dealing with dermatitis! It sounds absolutely miserable, and I feel very badly for you. :( I hope it clears up and you can get back to normal quickly. 20 days of vacationing though? Wow! Regarding your mom, how is she doing? How are YOU doing with your mom's situation?

I had a major fail a few minutes ago. I got a craving for Ruffles chips and ketchup. I kept telling myself, "I'm not hungry. I'm just watching tv and feeling bored. I don't need that." But with each time I told myself that, the craving got worse instead of better. I caved. :( I feel so terrible about it. That one med made me gain 3 lbs in about 10 days after I had been maintaining since January, and giving in to chips cravings is not going to get rid of it! Good thing is, though, I stopped taking that med and I haven't gained any more than those 3 lbs.

It's so freaking hot. The only time I've been going outside is to take the dog pee. I sweat when I cook dinner. I've been trying not to use the stove very much. Tonight was tuna sandwiches with lettuce and tomato on whole grain bread. That's healthy, right?? And no cooking! I can't find my grocery list that I write my weekly menu on, so now I don't remember what I bought to make for the week. ugh. I try to be organized. I think I may have left it in the car, but it's too dang hot to go out there and check! It's 11:40 pm and still 95 out. It got up to 120 today according to my husband. When I checked at 5:00 it was 117. I can't handle summer. I told you a week or so ago how much I hate to sweat. I don't know why I live in the desert! But it's a dry heat they say. BS! When you walk outside and your eyeballs are instantly dry it's too dang hot out. When you're afraid your dog will burn her paws on the patio getting to the yard to pee, it's too dang hot out. When you open your car door and you get a rush of inferno air in your face that feels like you just opened a 400 degree oven, it's too dang hot out. I could keep going, but you get my point.

Tomorrow for my goal I'm going to try to not give in to my cravings. You know what I haven't had in forever?? My Atkins shakes mixed with milk. I don't know why I stop drinking them. They are so delicious, take away my cravings, and keep me feeling full. What the heck? I'm a dope for forgetting about those. I think tomorrow I'll have one. There's been one or two hanging out in the fridge for months now (good thing they don't expire for like another year!), so they're cold and ready to go. They're pretty expensive (about $6 for a 4 pack), and they do take a toll on my grocery budget.

My son in prison qualified for the Senate Bill. That takes a whole lot of circumstances to meet the criteria, and he did. That means he'll be coming home in August instead of November! I'm excited, but scared at the same time. I pray he has changed his ways and learned from this horrible experience. I have infinite faith that he will get it, and I whole heartedly believe in redemption. Another mouth to feed, more clothes to wash, etc. But having all 4 of my kids under my roof again will be worth it.

Sorry for the book I just wrote!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl...I have an appt with the sleep study doctor next month. :) woohoo!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Not a lot of time to post, drove south to my dad's for a "family meeting" with him and my brother. I was dreading it but it didn't go too bad. Summary, everyone has good intentions regarding mom's care, dad is still financially responsible for her. But my brother and I fear my dad will make rash decisions trying to get an additional business going, and will end up worse off. Sigh. Finances.
    Anyway, south Texas recorded 112* yesterday, and I understood a liiiiitttllleeee of what you meant by burning hot steering wheel... hahaha I'd forgotten how hot it gets down there, and I actually lived there back in the day!
    Tomorrow, packing mom's apartment and taking it all to storage! Phew.
    Hope everything's going well girls!