July 3 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @am_change I like the "radiators" or "drains" analogy. I think this group is mainly radiators.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    July 3 - Pass Day 1

Argh
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes: yes, I coach kids gymnastics and do all the conditioning alongside them.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and banked 100 for Saturday
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3! :) Happy 4th all!
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.
    Busses and trams were striking yesterday, so I walked 15,000 steps, over 6 miles, & over 100 min of exercise.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    3 x yes
    My exercise is getting kind of slouchy. I still say yes though.
    Ugh, I think I just ruined my monitor. I coughed coffee on it. You know how it is drinking and you cough? Sometimes it is because of a joke. But yeah, I wiped it off with a towel pretty quick. Then I gave it windex and a paper towel to finish it up but I think liquid went into the frame bottom. Now it won't light up. Time for a new monitor. Either that or or I am supposed to be exercising.
    I got this fitness monitor watch that buzzes my arm if I sit sedentary for some amount of time. I don't know who programmed it to do that. I think I will ride my bike to the sand trap and punch around in there for a while.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended this to me - I think it was Slimpossible. I'm very glad she did!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,300 Member
    Options
    shonat11 wrote: »
    Someone recommended this to me - I think it was Slimpossible. I'm very glad she did!

it was me :)

• Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    pribud wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.............Was a day of fighting desires for food I am trying to avoid. I am starting to feel better and even though I KNOW I have to take it easy I am getting restless hence the desire to eat.........so now it is stress, tiredness AND restlessness............lol...no wonder I have a weight problem. With previous programs when having a day like this I would have CAVED but I can honestly say I had a successful day without even using any earned calories! WOO-HOO
    Hope everyone has a very Healthy and Happy week. I can just see the huge roll-call list of the Winner's Circle this month!

Priscilla, congratulations on succeeding through a tempting day!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for July 3. Over two hours of cardio and weight lifting.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @pribud My wife, Rose, has the gift of hospitality. We really enjoy hosting people at our home. It's a part of our nature. We have entertained from all over the world. Most of the people were complete strangers when they first stayed with us. Like the family that is with us this week, the father/husband lived with us for 2.5 months when he was 18. He came back to see us two years ago and now he is here with his wife and 3 children.
    Hospitality has added a lot to our lives.
    Rick
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,300 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL My brother was over in America a cpl years ago, he was on a working farm, they kept him for (I think it was 2 months) and he worked for his keep, it was amazing, he got to see some of America and the experience of working a farm. It that the kind of thing yourself and Rose do?
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 65 minutes of strength training and a 2.5 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @pribud My wife, Rose, has the gift of hospitality. We really enjoy hosting people at our home. It's a part of our nature. We have entertained from all over the world. Most of the people were complete strangers when they first stayed with us. Like the family that is with us this week, the father/husband lived with us for 2.5 months when he was 18. He came back to see us two years ago and now he is here with his wife and 3 children.
    Hospitality has added a lot to our lives.
    Rick

I would love to be able to do something like that. I to am a hospitality type person but do not have the means to do something like you guys do.........A bed and breakfast I would also love. Rose & I would get a long good!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @pribud When you are feeling better, come on over!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Slimspossible007
    When my wife and I were growing up, she lived on a farm that often had city kids stay during the summer. I grew up in a village of 1,500 people. We were surrounded by farms and thus, farm kids. I would work for the farmers and loved being outdoors. My parents were economically, lower middle class, so I could only dream of living on a farm.
    Surprisingly, I received some very fortunate DNA from my forebears and some very loving nurturing from my parents. I lived in the same community all my life (with a year of Spanish language study in Costa Rica). My community has always blessed me by using my services as an attorney. I keep my promises and my clients keep coming back and bringing their friends.
    We live on a 40 acre farm (about 18 hectares). It's important to my wife and I that we share our life and material blessings with others. We just make ourselves available.
    Our kids always knew that they could bring anyone home. Our church knew that we would house anybody...for long periods of time.
    Like a fountain...it does not diminish us to share, it just flows back.
    Your friend, Rick
  • FAR_from_FAT
    FAR_from_FAT Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Checking in late but for July 3rd I will have to take a pass day. Ugh