Day 67: 22 June 2017

Options
TerriRichardson112
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Good morning, playmates!

@danelutza19 I'm ambivalent about the scale. I waver between weighing daily and weighing less frequently. It's motivating when the scale is dropping, but such a downer when it's not.

Chuffed to bits this morning! I am down another 1.3 lbs. I was beginning to feel a bit down-hearted about reaching my 100 day goal. Maybe there's hope for me yet. Lol!
80464089.png

Almost all my activities are over for this semester, and I am looking forward to a more relaxed time during July and August. Health and fitness goals will stay the same, and we have a fair-sized garden that requires a lot of work.

I'm focused on preparing for a trip to Cambridge next week for DGD's graduation, with a day trip to London to see the Hokusai Exhibition in the British Museum. I love Japanese art!

:sunglasses: It is what it is!!! But it will be what YOU make it!!! :sunglasses:

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

@TerriRichardson112 : good job on your weight loss.

I agree with the frustration of the scale. Right now I need to weigh daily so that I do not forgets& gain weight.

Last weekend I fell back into some really bad patterns. I ate pizza. I ate dessert. I drank wine. I was tired. I didn't cook. I felt very horrible & ended up with a big weight gain (mostly water) and lots of pain. I recommitted on Monday & my weight is going back in the right direction & I feel better. It usually takes me until September to admit that I am gaining weight, so I am happy with my progress. I will not even be upset if I just maintain while I am busy. At least I will not be starting over like I usually have to.

Today I will continue my paperwork to reduce stress & try to enjoy & embrace the busy.

I must remember that life is 10% what you make it & 90% how you take it.

Have a great day!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @lpeltenburg Fantastic job getting yourself back on track. Nothing wrong with aiming for maintaining. Sometimes we need a break.

I had an alright day. It was my rest day, so didn't do much. It was probably a good thing, my knee and feet were bugging me. I bought some Epsom Salt to soak in a bath last night. I didn't get that far. Today will be another busy day, as it is roller skating day.

Yesterday's Goals:
    Stay Green Must get better at this :| Meh had to use my walking calories.
    Lunch Walk easy stroll kind :) Did 20 minutes
    Water at least 80 ounces :)
    100 squats :'( only did 40 because of the knee
    10 wall push ups :)
    12000 steps <3 16000
    Progress pics! Forgot again.

Today's Goals:
    Gym :) Really trying to increase my speed. did 3 minutes at 4.2
    Stay Green Must get better at this
    Lunch Walk /run
    Roller skate at least 120 minutes
    Water at least 80 ounces
    100 squats
    10 wall push ups :)
    30000 steps
    Progress pics!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

Nice job on the loss @TerriRichardson112 !!! You're always encouraging and inspiring!

@lpeltenburg the weekend didn't mess you up and that's proof you're progressing. When ever we fall we know exactly how to get up. Embracing the busy sounds like a good mantra to me :)
    As for the scale, I use the daily weight to keep me in check too.

Yesterday was a good day and I accomplished what I set out to do. Training was amazing and for the first time ever I actually felt my hips popping throughout at terminal hip extension exercises. All credit goes to Bret Contreras because I followed his targeted warmup circuit. Back in the day when I started lifting, I used to think that all trainers that focus on women are dumb and full of bad advice having women lift pink weights and jump around for no reason other than sweating - (most of them still are) but for the last year and half, Bret's book and videos have changed everything :) he's the real deal.

Today's goals are to eat within macros, have another great training session, chin-ups and pull-ups, steps, water and lots of sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Thursday!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,918 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Terri, your such an inspiration my friend, your always on track with your goals and accomplishments. Maybe with a few minimum sets back BUT accomplishing your goals at the end, :)

I just thought I would drop in to say, loving the time with my grandkids. Of course going to miss sleeping with my granddaughter saying, grandma close your eyes, lol. Btw, I've been trying to get this message off for a couple days, lol

Hopefully, I can check in within the next couple of days, :)