Day 69: 24 June 2017

Options
TerriRichardson112
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
Good morning, all. Milestone 7 tomorrow. Where does the time go?

@danelutza19 That post-exercise hunger can be a killer. It pays to have a healthy snack ready for when it hits. Banana and a few cashews or almonds usually do it for me.

I'm home alone today as Hubster is off out birdwatching with his club. My days have less structure at the moment, and we are looking after DD's 2 geriatric dogs for 10 days. I try and get my exercise in early. Then take them for short walks throughout the day. The dogs aren't up to long hikes any more. Up another 1.5 lbs today. Daily fluctuation, I think, and maybe I need to stick to my pre-log a little more strictly, and not eat those walk calories. Not sure that the MFP calorie database is that accurate, so I don't eat more than 10% back as a rule. I log extras, but there may be the odd memory lapse in that department.

:sunglasses: Have a great day! :sunglasses:

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone (almost afternoon here). I hope you have all been well. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to check in with everyone. It's been a couple of crazy weeks over here. Update: I had my surgery on Tuesday Jun 13 and was in hospital until Friday. I had a decent first weekend at home but then had to be hospitalized again the following Monday as I got very dehydrated with the insane heat and being unable to drink as much as I needed. Left hospital again on Wednesday and have been trying to rest since. I've been eating puréed foods and will need to do so until 1 month post op. It's been hard. I would be happy if I could just have a piece of bread. Needless to say weight loss has been as expected. I've been entering my weight each weigh in but it doesn't seem my info on the spreadsheet is updating properly. I'm nearly at my goal weight and have yet to level up?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Well I want to send you a great Big WOO HOO!! I am not doing well on the scale dept. But my body contour is coming along nicely. One of the young girls said that it was sad when someone old enough to be your mom has legs you envy. LOL I took the compliment from the source but I swear they make me feel ancient.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin : happy to hear you are feeling better.
    @2020pinktogo : 10 years ago people used to ask me if the girls we hired were my daughters. I used to get insulted that they thought I was that old. Now they could be, so I know I am getting pretty old. That is a good compliment, even if the scale isn't cooperating.
    @TerriRichardson112 : that scale sure can be frustrating at times. I no longer eat back exercise calories. I added an extension so that MFP doesn't add it any more, so that I am not tempted.

Yesterday I bought our camping drinks because the LCBO might go on strike on Monday. I was just going for some good wine but ended buying some diet coolers & others things. Needless to say I had to try a few of the things I bought & I am a bit under the weather today. It is a beautiful sunny day so I am sure the store will be busy. Hopefully Tylenol & water will take care of the headache...

My weight has come back down this week. Only a little bit more to get back to the lowest weight I have seen. Hopefully by next milestone I will we there. I have not been weighing & logging my food lately. I did it every day for almost a year, & I eat the same things pretty much every day when I am on track. I feel so much better when I eat healthy. My mood is better. My energy level is better. I don't even understand why I would eat junk, when in the long run it does nothing for me but cause issues with pain & mood. Hopefully my mind has heard what my body is telling it once & for all :)

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@TerriRichardson112 sorry you're scale is masking your efforts. Stay determined because eventually your body will let go of the extra water.

@mari_moulin congratulations on all the progress!!! I will take a look at the spreadsheet for you and see what's happening. Glad the surgery went well even with the dehydration hiccup. Heal and rest up and you'll be back in no time.

@2020pinktogo I heard a nice quote yesterday and it feels appropriate in this case: " age is simply a mind over matter: if you don't mind, it doesn't matter " :)

@lpeltenburg sometimes we need to relearn the same lesson many times before it dialed in :) I will say it's pretty promising that you're making progress while eating intuitively, that's something I don't trust myself with even after 3 years of logging.

Yesterday was very fun, got to go swimming at the gym's outside pool, flipped and did handstands under water, just enjoying the new stuff my body can do. All goals achieved.

Today's goals are to eat within macros, keep active, chin-ups and pull-ups, steps, water and sleep.

I have to share a recipe that's helped me with my cravings for sweets. It's pretty incredible calories and macros wise not to mention easy to make. I'm totally obsessed and eat this daily :)

About 220 calories: 35g protein, 6 carbs, 6 fat
    1 serving of protein powder
    1 whole egg
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    Optional: 1 tbs of some low calories sweetener (Splenda, stevia)
    Vanilla, almond or whatever flavor you want

Mix all ingredients together then slowly add as much water as needed to bring the batter to the consistency of waffles batter. Pour ingredients into waffle iron and enjoy with fresh fruit and some low sugar syrup. Tastes like heaven, it's sweet but very low in carbs.
    I will post a picture of what it looks like made.

Let's have a fabulous Saturday!!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    The protein waffles :)