Schedule for July Challenges

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
Here's what's cooking for our July weekly challenges!

July 3 - July 9: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: "Lots of Squats!"

Yes, we'll be focused on squats this week because this compound exercise works major muscle groups and belongs in almost everyone's exercise toolbox. This challenge has been crafted just for us by certified personal trainer and health coach, Jen Sturm. Whether you're just starting with squats or pretty advanced, Jen's got you covered. Join us!

July 10 - 16: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: "Just Breathe"

Want to reduce your stress quickly? Just breathe. No, not the ordinary breaths you take unconsciously throughout the day, but deep, calming breaths that will quickly relax you and recenter your focus. Join us this week as we learn and practice a two minute deep breathing exercise that you can use anytime and anywhere to bring your stress levels way down.

July 17 - 23: Theme: Greater Happiness
Challenge: "15 Minutes for Me"

Our most important events get scheduled: meetings, doctor's appointments, school events, and dinner with friends all get put on the calendar and set aside so that they don't get forgotten. This week, let's set aside a little chunk of time each day for us....15-20 minutes a day to spend however we like on something that renews and re-energizes us and makes us happy. It will be like a mini-spa day everyday! Join us!

July 24-30: Theme: Healthy Eating
Challenge: "Changing It Up"

Most of us eat the same foods and the same meals over and over again. While there's a lot to be said for consistency, this week let's mix it up a little and try some new things. We might just find some new favorites!

Replies

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. I like the squats though I'm not very good and I've been neglecting these but they were part of my pt so it will be a good challenge for me to keep up with them.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Love all these challenges!! Thank you!
  • sandra8841
    sandra8841 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    looks like its going to be a great month of overall health :)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,023 Member
    Options
    Fun times ahead!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    It is looking like July will definitely be challenging, interesting, and fun :p !

:flowerforyou:
  • kdeclerq
    kdeclerq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love all of these...except the squats (haaaate squats). But, I shall do them :smile: