mini challenges?

kinzerbud
kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
Hey guys!
I'm wondering if there would be any interest in maybe having some mini challenges along the way to keep us focused and on track?
Any thoughts on this or ideas for said challenges if there is interest? :smile:

Replies

• xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    I think that's a great idea! Maybe focus on 5lb increments?
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    I think its a great idea; tell me what to do!
  • kinzerbud
    kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
    lol I don't actually know! I was hoping if I threw the idea out there someone more organized than I am would run with it:laugh:

What about exercise goals like committing to x amount of minutes/miles/whatever floats your boat for a week?
    We need some take charge, organized individual to...well...take charge and be organized. lol
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    LOL! Uh oh! I think exercise challenges are always good I saw you joined a 50/150/300 group. I'm going to check that out now. I'm starting Chalean Extreme next month so I can use some motivation.
  • xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    How about we start a new topic for those that meet a new mini goal... "10 pounds lost, 15 pounds lost, ect" or "10 pounds away from 50lbs etc"... I dunno...lol ????
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    I'm part of a great "challenge" thread that everyone else is welcome to come join. It's the 21 day challenge, and those of us who are the nucleus of the challenge would enjoy seeing some others. ::grins:: It can get a bit lonely with the same people all the time.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1004667-21-day-challenge-join-in

All we ask is that when you start you don't make every other day a rest day. And, there's not a whole ton of rules to follow either, which makes keeping it going so easy.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    One of my favorite challenges that I participated in had weekly exercise (cardio and bodyweight) challenges that gradually got tougher.

Here's an example from the first few weeks:

Week 1
    Walk/Jog/Run at least 30 min/day on 5 seperate days this week
    Do 100 pushups, 100 squats & 2 min (total time) Plank over the week

Week 2
    Walk/Jog/Run at least 3 hours total over the week
    Do 100 crunches/situps & 100 lunges & 3 min total Plank over the week

Week 3
    Walk/Jog/Run at least 7.5 miles over the week
    Do 50 of each pushups, crunches, squats & lunges + 5 min total Plank over week