Open Discussion

Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
Since @nadiamayl might not be around much due to vacation, and we're waiting ever so patiently for @kerryatoon and @heatherc369 to come back, I decided that instead of a daily check in I'd just make an open discussion thread so everyone can check in when they have time or want to try coming back.

My weight was down a little this morning. I thought for sure it had gone up 10 lbs because I've been drinking soda again, but it actually went down 1.5 lbs. I know my A1c is going to be off the charts. I didn't get my prescription filled a couple weeks ago because I didn't have the money at the time. Now I'm waiting for my other meds to be gone so I can get them all filled on the same day. I don't like having to make multiple trips to the pharmacy during the month and keeping track of what needs to be refilled when. So I haven't been taking my Metformin, and I've been drinking soda. Not a good mix. I was supposed to have my blood work done tomorrow morning but I figured what's the point if I know it's going to be up for those reasons. So I'm going to get my Metformin refilled in about 10 days and start over on my sugar levels.

Hoping everyone checks in from time to time. I might not post all the time, but I check the group regularly for new posts. When one of you posts, I'll be here to respond to you.

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    Options
    Hope you ladies are doing well. I'm checking here frequently to see if anyone stops by. It's lonely here all by myself!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hi @AZLisaLou sorry it's so quiet! It ends up being super busy while in Holland!! I've walked a lot since the temperature has been gorgeous! Food wise.... I'm doing well, not many excesses!!!!
    How are you?
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Hey @nadiamayl! Good to hear from you and that you're doing well. I've been talking with @heatherc369 a bit over on the Healthy Moms group on Facebook, so that's been good. I've been slowly putting on a lb here and there, and I really need to get this under control. You know, I can give others great tips on healthy eating, yet I can't seem to do it for myself. I'll get back in the saddle. When I go grocery shopping this weekend I'm going to get some staples for myself. Have fun over in Holland! What kind of foods do they like there?
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    What kinds of food do they like here?!? The eternally unanswerable question. Hahaha it's a country based on farming and cold weather, so lots of stews and potato type dishes. They're known for their pancakes which are like crepes. Cheese and lots of delish cheese. And a good array of Indonesian dishes because they were a Dutch colony.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    I logged my food for the day for the first time in forever. Now I just have to keep my measurements on all the ingredients for my taco salad correct and I'll just be over my goal by one single solitary calorie. Also having an Atkins shake with milk that I haven't had in eons. I know I'm going to take a drink and wonder why the heck I stopped drinking them because they're so dang delicious. For a snack later I'm having an apple with peanut butter, and for a treat one fudge graham cookie.

I looked back at my weigh ins for the same time last year, and since then I've gained about 5 lbs. :( No good. Gotta fix that!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    I blew it. Back to square one tomorrow.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Is anyone still lurking? @nadiamayl are you still on vacation?