Day 4

Options
Day 4

What kind of food plan or diet is everyone doing?
Are you on a specific diet or are you watching portions & calories??

Replies

• pachecocristina
    pachecocristina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at following specific diets. Watching portions and calories works better for me.
    However, what I decided to do differently this time, was to follow a very logical advice that I heard in a podcast: getting rid of all unhealthy temptations at home, while filling the refrigerator with lots of fruits and vegetables (and healthy options that I don't usually binge on), so I don't have to rely on will power alone.
    The transition from eating everything I could to sticking to a reasonable 1500 calories per day was a little difficult for a week only. Now it's better. Hopefully it will become a habit eventually and by the time I reach my goal weight I will actually be able to maintain it.
  • GIMOM66
    GIMOM66 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Doing a moderate low carb-high fat and really not missing sugar. I allow for the carbs from fruit but no processed sweets. Weight coming off very nicely!
  • beckyr06
    beckyr06 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I "generally" follow the anti-inflammatory diet, and have for a number of years, due to a previous health issue (strictly means no grains, legumes, added sugars (including alcohol), or dairy) but I would say I am currently about 90% of the time with that. I do eat some whole grains at times, mainly oatmeal and sandwich wraps, and a bit of aged cheeses. Occasionally a regular slice of bread, but not often. I try to eat some type of cruciferous vegetable every day. I snack on nuts and fruits, use coconut sugar occasionally. I hadn't counted calories until I started with MFP about 3 months ago, and that has helped a great deal. Also try to drink 8-12 glasses of water daily, some days are easier than others.
  • carolinagirlsc1982
    carolinagirlsc1982 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been watching the carbs and what I put on my plate. Today has been a hard one. I have not wanted to do anything. Feeling depressed because I just lost my mom about 2 months ago. So today is a hard one, but I will still be going to the gym.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I meal prepped tonight
    I love having my food prepared
  • Whey115
    Whey115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS so low carb is recommended. Problem is ...i love carbs. Lol. I do try to eat more protein though and do make swaps such as zoodles or eggplant for pasta but nothing can touch warm home made bread. I only eat turkey and seafood too so I am limited with respect to meat.

Yesterday (july 12)was my son's birthday so went over my calories ...today I am back in gear.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Whey115 wrote: »
    I have PCOS so low carb is recommended. Problem is ...i love carbs. Lol. I do try to eat more protein though and do make swaps such as zoodles or eggplant for pasta but nothing can touch warm home made bread. I only eat turkey and seafood too so I am limited with respect to meat.

Yesterday (july 12)was my son's birthday so went over my calories ...today I am back in gear.
    Birthdays & life just happen sometime .. we just get right back on track the next day or meal.