August Chat

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
hello fellow WW's. thought i would start a monthly chat. we have these in another group i moderate they work pretty good. seems this group may be lacking some love. :heart: . i started aug now because i am going on vacation next week and won't be around much. i still will have access. why don't we start by telling a little about ourselfs.

my name is chipper. i am 54. wife, mother, grandmother. i live in the south. been heavy all my life. i have joined WW many times. as in over 10. my highest weight was recorded at WW in 2005. i am now at my lowest. the last time i saw this number, i was 18. many years ago. so yes, i have lots of extra skin, and am now losing reallllly slow. i have been on MFP for years and have made some really good friends. seen them come and go, have babies, divorces, etc. so i stay for my internet friends. sometimes i record on here just to see where i am at calorie wise. i have people tell me i don't eat enough to my workouts. exercise is my drug of choice.

so tell about yourself.

Replies

• chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

i had made a step the wrong way on my journey. now i am trying to correct it and step back in the right direction. i don't really know what caused the miss step. all i know is i need to correct it. i weigh in on wednesdays so i hope i am making the u-turn. my scale at home this morning showed it.

hope y'all have a good monday. i have my trainer this morning. than home to get chores done to get ready for vacation to start thursday.
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Chipper

I'm gardendolly. I'm racing towards my 58th birthday, and decided about 18 months ago that if I don't do something about this weight i'll be stuck with it forever! I did the old WW plan, which I loved and lost over a stone. Then I lost my way, and tried several other things including calorie counting here on MFP. Didn't have a lot of success, mainly because I found it hard to stick to it all the time. I've finally decided that I'm going to WW meetings, so I singed up for monthly pass where you get the meeting and online access for a fixed monthly cost. I'm finding it hard to stick to my points every day, but I'm getting there slowly. After 12 weeks and 2 holidays (where I gained) i am still 5lb down. SO I count that as a success.

I'd love to join you on a chat thread. I'm finding that because I don't log on MFP anymore, its harder to keep in touch with my pals on here, but the support on this site is brilliant. Look forward to chatting with you.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning gardendolly.

yesterday was my 36th anniversary. we didn't do anything special. it took him 2 hrs to get home from work. rain, flooding, traffic. the drive is normally 45 mins or less. later in the week we go on vacation. we always plan outdoorsy stuff. so lots of walking and beach. we will take our two grands (ages 9/12). they really like this sort of things to do.

well, i need to get going on my day.
  • gardendolly
    Options
    Hi Chipper

Sorry I've been AWOL. I logged in the other day, and its all changed. Couldn't find my way round - it was a little late at night! What's happened to the site? I'm not sure I like it, especially the news feed.

Late congrats on your 36th anniversary. We will celebrate our 35th in April next year. Normally we don't do anything much. We have a really decent Chinese restaurant in our town, and that's where we go. Nice meal, bottle of wine, blow all the weeklies (ha, ha), stagger home. No seriously, the food is good, we drink a little wine, and because we can walk, we can both enjoy without anyone having to be driver for the night. Its worked for about 20 years, since we moved to this town - I can't see any reason to change.

Guess you must be on vacation now. Hope you are enjoying it, and that the weather is good for you.

Speak when you get back.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i am around. we went on vacation and i ate and ate and ate. the scaled showed everything too. LOL. we got back yesterday, and this morning our dog passed away. he was 12, diabetic. we think it was just his time. DD said he started acting (not normal) saturday afternoon. we came home sunday morning. we were taking him to his vet this morning. he passed at 5:30. sooo, been a bummer day. back to eating right, now i have a headache.

hope y'all are doing good.
  • gardendolly
    Options
    Awh Chipper, I am so sorry to hear that. Maybe as you say it was his time, but it still hurts just the same. Thinking of you.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning....
    my weight in is tonight. i know it's not going to be good. but, i am going baby steps back right now. changing some focuses for next year. getting my plans in place. i am a big planner. i get upset when it doesn't go right. upset with myself for not eating right on vacation. it just seems to roll right down hill. first time in 18 months i have been out of control. i have been a model weight watcher. but, yesterday some people were making some very good comments. saw someone i haven't seen since at my highest. so it was a time i needed that.
    well, need to get my day going. gym time two times on wednesday. a class in the morning, workout with daughter tonight. WW tonight. and chores to get done.
    have a good one.
  • gardendolly
    Options
    Hi, I've not been on here for a few days. Been busy, but doing what i don't know! Time has just seemed to escape me. Hope weigh in was not as bad as you had hoped. Its mine this evening at class so I know how you feel.

We have had a busy weekend. Went to a retirement party on Saturday, and whilst I managed to avoid the hog roast, I didn't avoid the dessert table, or the numerous drinks that seemed to come my way. Yesterday OH and I played golf, which you would have thought would have balanced out Saturdays excesses. Well, I guess they would have, had it not been for the pizza. Both of us too tired to cook. Oh well, must make a better effort this week.

Catch up with you later.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennie. I hope it's okay that I join this discussion. I've been yo-yo dieting since I was 10. In the early 2000's I joined Weight Watchers for the first time. It was different then. I was on it for months, and lost 10 pounds. Somehow I dropped off though. Probably my troubled relationship at the time. I joined again, online this time in 2009 when I wanted to get to my goal weight for my wedding I was planning to have in 2010, which later became 2011. Anyway, I was losing weight fine that time, but had to quit when I experienced extreme thyroid problems and didn't even feel human for 9 months. Once again, last year, I joined Weight Watchers online. I lost 10 pounds, but then lost my job, and had to quit, because I couldn't afford to pay for it anymore. Now the present. Last week I received a text from my dad saying that my mom was joining Weight Watchers, and asked if I wanted to join with her, and that she would pay. I talked it over with my husband and decided that it's a great opportunity. I need all the help I can get, and now we're weight/health buddies. We're going to exercise together and attend meeting together. Also text if we have the urge to cheat. But I still need all the help I can get, and that's why I'm here. I love having friends on here, and the support carries me.

14877786.png
  • chipper15173
    Options
    sorry about being MIA. life has been a turmoil again. so dealing with all that's going on around me.
    my doctor sent me to a weight manager. i haven't lost more than 10 lbs in 2013. he knows this is a big deal for me. since i workout and stick to plan like glue. saw her last week. she told me that i have outgrown WW. it's just not working for me anymore. said she sees this a lot. i agree with her. i think after losing all this weight, my body thinks it's all the norm. so she put me on a 1200 calorie diet, and of course keep up the exercise. eat protein before/after workouts. eat all the veggie i want, but, limit 2 fruit and count it. i start this way of eating on thurday last week. tomorrow is my weigh in day (at home official), excited to see what it says.
    don't know yet what i will do with WW. iam on monthly pass so it won't be until oct before i could quit. since i go with my DD, i need to consider her feelings too. i like support, i just couldn't take the rewards for my efforts, since i am not following their plan. she also put me on medication to suppress my appetite, but, that's not a problem, it's to boost my metabolism. she said it took a hike. she also gave me a B-12 shot. so when i take my pill. i am off both mouth and body LOL for hours. than i start diving down.
    so this is where i am at right now.
    y'all don't give up. the plan does work. just not every plan works for every body.
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm Aleks. I'll be 40 in january and just keep getting bigger but I'm back on track with Weight Watchers as of yesterday.

I've had food issues all my life and am pretty sure I have Binge Eating disorder which is something I will bring up with my therapist whenever I see her again.

WW is the only thing that has worked for me (outside of massive depression and not eating) and I'm done messing around with counting calories. I know I need to stick to points.

At this point in time I need to lose close to a 100 pounds but because of the meds I'm on I may only be able to do half of that. We'll see.

I also have a weight loss blog if anyone wants to check it out.

http://wwredhead.blogspot.com/