August 27 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    27rbyohrrjxw.jpg
  • RangerRickL
    edited August 2017
    Options
    w4r0z02hhus9.gif
    The Great American Prairie extended throughout the center of both Canada and what is now the USA. It was a vast grassland populated by the American bison, deer and many predators such as wolves, coyotes and panther/cougar. Today, only a vestige of the original deep rooted grass prairie exists in the Middle of the US, where I live.
    Fortunately, I live near a prairie park in which there is an effort to reestablish some of the original grasses and flowers that originally dominated in the Midwestern states. I live at the eastern edge of the tall grass prairie that began west of what is now called Lake Michigan.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 27
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Rained earlier today, so got out later. Still maintained pace. ( Thank you @pribud. Trying to pick up 3 minutes to hit 35 mins will take quite a while. Most days I'm glad to make sub 40 mins which at least I am doing consistently now. )

Wife seems to have hit on the perfect recipe for peppermint choc chip ice cream. :)

Managed to solder in a new VTX (video transmitter) into the quad copter without requiring emergency services. Even more surprising is that the soldering worked and didn't fry anything. Got to fly again too, much clearer picture with new VTX (took it higher and even did a few rolls).

@am_change. Beautiful pictures. Magnificent coastline (and little shade).
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nevermind, I figured out how to do it. I was panicking there for a minute. Lol

@RangerRickL thanks so much for having this thread in MFP. This has been an amazing month. I only had one pass day. Feeling great and getting stronger. Thanks for helping me to challenge myself.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Got alittle 5 miles in today and did some yard work at my brothers house all in all its been a good day
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    (131.02/ 140) Mile Goal
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Last night, I read the team member's posts; wrote a couple of private messages; set up today's opening message and then totally forgot to post my own results. I was ok yesterday. Calories: just under limit. Tracking; ok. Exercise: walking and playing outside with grand children for a couple of hours here at our farm.
    Today, the grandchildren are gone. Calories: substantial margin below limit
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: almost an hour of hand sawing tree limbs and brushcutting; carrying debris to a fire and related outside cleanup.
    A nice and healthy day outside. The summer is waning.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Exercise. yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    27-August-2017

I love, love, love reading about everybody's journey!

Ok, today, I got my mojo back. I figured out that I was in way too much of a calorie deficit for several days, so yesterday, I ate back all of my exercise calories.

And. That. Was. Ok.

I felt so energized, today. I did 65 minutes of a very intense circuit training and my average heart rate was 161. I followed that up with 1 hour and 55 minutes of power walking; cause you know, my partner was doing 3 hours of exercise today--and I'm competitive like that B)

Calories: yes, I met my goal. I didn't need to use any of my exercise calories, and I feel quite fulfilled. Hello, Sauvignon Blanc <3

Tracking: awesomely. I tracked everything, even my milk chocolate!

Cheers, all:-)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @marthall, good week for you! Working fish & chips, champagne, pizza and chocolate cake into your calorie limit. That's my kind of diet.
    @fightingthetide, good to see you posting again.
    @RangerRickL, interesting about the prairie. Louis & Clark Expedition also details lots of people living on the prairie.

Yes x3 today, weightlifting.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk and deep clean of the house. Friend from England arrives Weds, then my Kiwi cousin and then my step daughter, all within the next two weeks. Throw in a trip to Memphis and Nola too, just for giggles!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, today was easy for some reason?!

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, it's the one thing I do really well, whether it's good or bad, it all gets tracked. You can manage what you don't measure…
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I live on the prairies too; Saskatoon Saskatchewan.
    @pribud Thank-you for the "woohoo" cheer. I needed that.
    @pears734 Good news that the doctors anticipate a complete recovery for your brother.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Pickle ball and a 60 minute walk (14,004) steps. Forecast for this week is HOT!! We will be using our backyard pool to stay cool. Pretty happy that summer is still here. ☀️