August 26 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    o69zff6bhumf.jpg

Yesterday, as I rode through the late summer prairie, this is what the goldenrod look like. I love this time of the year.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    26th Aug

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Workouts:-
    Started my day with a 5K jog. Was actually a little longer than this as I jogged back home too (usually walk with a mate but she had to cancel today).
    It's only a 20min walk to where we all meet for Parkrun, so not much more to add onto that.
    Didn't beat my PB though, was 30secs longer than my last run.

Went on a 25km bike ride, mixed terrain/hills.

Walking:-
    Took the dogs walk, mixed terrain/hills.

Total distance walked: 11km - with jogging: 16km
    Total steps walked: 22,496 (including jog)
    Total calories burned: 1590
    Total calories consumed: 1366

@craigo3154 - Thanks Craig. I do eat well, and I get plenty of nutrients from my food.
    @Pribud - Thanks sweetie.
    @LoraineGB - Your post yesterday made me smile. Glad your hubby was able to make you laugh!
    @RangerRickL - Smores aren't really that known here in the UK, I did know they were marshmallows of some kind, but that's all I do know, lol.
    .........xx
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    @trixsey1 - Great day..awesome calorie burn!!
    @am_change - Good work on the walk...lotsa steps!!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes..75 minute Trail Run/Walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    And beautiful picture @RangerRickL I love wild flowers. Now here's a (potentially stupid but if you don't ask you don't find out) question for @trixsey1 @Slimpossible007 and @marthall do we have prairies?! Are they what we call meadows or commons?! Only ever really heard the term when little house on the prairie was on TV way back when :D:p
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @am_change and @RangerRickL for the lovely pictures!

26-August-2017

I did my bike riding with a LOT of hill repetitions and thankfully, it was a nice cool morning. Total ride time was 1 hour and 35 minutes with my average heart 148/min. Man, oh man, it was really hard to get going for about the first 20 minutes. Actually, quite sloth-like. :D It all worked out, though.

Calories: yes, I am definitely under. In fact, I am on call this weekend, and did not think that I would be here for so many hours. So, subsequently, I did not come to work prepared--not enough Food :'(

Tracking: yes, I have tracked everything.

Keep up the great work, everybody!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

@am_change : Prairies are grassland ecosystems. I think a meadow would be a smaller area than what we use the word prairie for, although meadows often include grasses.

@trixsey1 -- what a fun day you had!

@Dosse1320 -- you can pat yourself on the back for the insignificant weight gain in spite of the fact that a lot's been going on! It's sometimes so difficult to follow healthy patterns when things are in flux.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    August 26
    Exercise yes.
    Early morning walk -starting to be my favorite time if the day. I would usually sit relax and try to get the coffee to kick in. Shopped earlier, went to party/gathering, ending the day with a stop at Walmart to do some more fast walking around the store. It makes a great track especially later when there's not many people.

Calories yes
    Just got back from a gathering of friends. I logged my plans in the 25th blog. Was able to accomplish all of my goals. I enjoyed my friend's company without over indulging. I had half a cupcake, stuck with the salad and light fare. Just had about 10-12 chips with the salsa. So glad I had a game plan!!!

Tracked yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    The past few days I haven't been logging everything I eat but have been aware of it, some days under, some days not. Yesterday I got 20,000 steps in!! Mowed my lawn, trimmed some bushes and then washed the siding on my house and the majority of my house windows.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    Great walk and pic @am_change . I definitely would have dragged around to get those 40,000. :D:D
    I rode about the same amount of time @cardio_enthusiast . Good hills but I bet you climbed more!!.
    @windowqueen2003 fantastic sticking to your plan. Three yesses for me
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @Dosse1320 WOOHOO! WAY TO GO! You are doing awesome, all the chaos and activity and only .2 of a pound up. I would call that a WIN in my books. :)
    @fightingthetideofaging Good Run/Walk I am so glad to see you are still on here! :p
    @120maggie you guys all amaze me with your biking. Great job with your 3 yesses! :)
    @IamIam2013 You had quite the day yesterday, WAY TO GO!
    @windowqueen2003 Great job with your planning for today and sticking to it! WOOHOO! :)
    @pcotter54 another good day....woohoo! :)
    @cardio_enthusiast you are doing awesome and continue to amaze me with your workouts and long work days to boot! You are doing it GIRL! :o
    @am_change 25K walk with hills. now that is no easy feat! You said there was a 100K walk, how long is that over. I once did a 63K walk which took all day, I could not imagine 100K. Thanks for your pictures. In Canada we have what we call the Prairie Provinces, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, after you get past the mountains in Alberta it is flat ground all the way.
    @trixsey1 Another great BURN day. I don't know how you continue to do it! :o
    @craigo3154 You are right about the exercise getting rid of the water....lol :p You made me smile when I read this! 5K 38 minutes, you are getting closer to your goal!
    @RangerRickL Thank you for the PV and the kind words. We are so lucky to have this group. Thank YOU!

Our group is getting smaller........Hopefully everyone will be back in September.

Todays recap

exercise yes 43 minute walk, housework and meal prep (overdid it a bit today.....Advil time)
    calories 1330/1490
    tracking yes, everything
    water 16 glasses

Good night everyone! Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

@am_change what beautiful coastline, I find walking so much more enjoyable with a stunning view
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Helped out at my brothers today moving furniture and playing with the niece and nephew for 4hours
    (125.75/ 140) Mile Goal

Plan to hike Mon - Thurs so I'm still golden so far :smiley:
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Did a solid back workout today. Someday I'm going to conquer a pull up.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3, by the skin of my teeth.
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes x3.

A day out, beach, coastal path and 22K steps. We rock pooled and caught a butter fish, then saw an Adder on the coast path (UK's only venomous snake). Fish and chips and champagne rounded off the day. I was absolutely exhausted and had to go to bed soon after the kids.
    More chocolate cake today, thankfully still well under calories.

@am_change - Fantastic walk. Enjoy France.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Aug 26
    Exercise: :( Had IBS troubles and did not exercise..stayed close to home
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    I'm still here just not having a lot of run right now.