August 22 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    pz97zqjc59p9.jpg
    Here in what is called the Midwest of the United States, most farmers plant and alternate corn and soybeans. Sometimes, you get to see more interesting crops such as these sunflowers which rotate their head position to always be facing the sun.
    Enjoy your day and achieve your goals!!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA again. Can't remember when I last posted so will try and catch up over the next few days.
    Back on the bike today and finally getting some sun in both directions. Spring is on it's way, cycling past a field of sheep this morning I saw a ewe cleaning up a lamb that couldn't have been more than a few minutes old.
    Have also been a little more consistent with my strength training recently and have the DOMS to prove it. Only doing 10-15 minute workouts but it's obviously doing something.
    Tracking and calories also good today.
    Need to try and get my consistency back for the last week of the month.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 22
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3 Km in 24 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Very short walk today between meetings. Will try do more on strength tonight.

Weight has been mostly stable this week, so will maintain current level instead of increasing daily calories again.

My wife fed the kookaburras today as I was on back-to-back phone conferences most of the day. They are learning to take turns. :)

@RangerRickL. Beautiful horses.
    @loopydo2017. Exercise wise, you will love what you love. Some love running, some don't. Keep tying stuff till one really grabs you. Mix it up a bit to prevent getting stale.
    @aeshippers. Welcome back (again). Hopefully you can recover your consistency again.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    August 22nd

@am_change - that's a lot of calories burnt for a 10mile hike. I don't have a fitbit but according to my pedometer I burn less than that on a 16 mile hike. Makes you wonder how accurate these devices we use are.
    Great that your folks are doing so well at their age! Good luck on Saturday!

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

No workouts today as I'm having another rest day. Felt like a cold was coming on last night, feverish, tired, but wasn't so bad this morning. Still it's my warning I need to rest a bit, so only had a walk today.

Total distance travelled: 15km (9miles)
    Total steps walked: 22,121
    Total calories burned: 897
    Total calories consumed: 1257
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I seen wild horses today. I didn't take pictures because I already got pictures.
    Animals, heh, we were talking about animals yesterday. I forgot about wild horses.
    I bet @RangerRickL has got a soft spot for wild horses.

I climbed 2000 today. That ain't bad. Don't know why I like doing that. Coming down I seen a kooky guy. I think he might a been homeless but I think him and his dog were happy. That guy, I know what he does. He cleans up that "road." So he is kind of a cooler guy than me.
    I should give him money for that.

I meet people on that road. It is alright. I could tell a story about all of them. I like them dang trail runners. I especially like them if they are not so obsessed with their run that they won't stop an talk.

Buddy, I went an seen Buddy. My wife wants Buddy to eat in the cafeteria. That is alright. I get it. It is a childhood experience eating in the cafeteria. He is too distracted by all of that to eat though. I got him to take a few bites but it weren't no good. Normally I can get him to eat with a spoon. You know, kind of.

So me an Buddy goes walking around after that. It used to be walker walking but now we are all about wheelchair pushing. I got Buddy pushing his wheelchair. Hey, no more riding in it, that is what I say.

I like taking him to the drinking fountain. I push the button. The water squirts up in an arc. Buddy looks at it for a moment or two. He knows what to do. A couple of attempts he positions his mouth to that stream and gets a drink.

That little rapscallion.

We are wild horses.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    The group at work wanted me to go out for drinks LOL I laughed and said I was going home to my husband. I am not in my 20's and I am ok with that. I did agree to go on a walk for suicide and depression awareness. I like the cause and I like to walk.
    Loads of rain I think we are going to have an early fall. Not much of a summer.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Tracking: yes, including a scoop of ice cream at the cinema tonight.
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes the walk I mentioned earlier. ^

@trixsey1 the calories it shows there wasn't just for the walk but the running total for me at that point for just being alive. Yeah. I know it's not exact and that's why I'm wary of ever eating exercise calories. But as it uses my heart rate (and knows my resting hr) weight and height and knows my stride I think it's more accurate than what mfp guesstimates.
    A fitbit floor is 10feet elevation so my 1060 was nothing to @bocasdelbadbob ! ;)
    Glad Buddy is doing well.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow @trixsey1 and manage more rest. Take care.
    @aeshippers well done with the strength training. Aw, I always love lambing time! On the flip side here some of the leaves and turning and acorns and conkers falling. Already!
    @RangerRickL I love sunflowers! Thanks for the pic!
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Stormy day out so stayed inside and did some bodyweight training for 40minutes and cleaned the house.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    (106.4/ 140) Mile Goal
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Well, a pretty unhealthy day, foodwise. Within the calorie limits but not one green vegetable, unless you count pesto! O well, I'll do better tomorrow.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Aug 22
    Exercise: 30 min of much needed yoga and 10 min core work cuz I been slackin on that!
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    No miles today
    Way under calories the last couple of days ..IBS stuff acting up so trying to get straight again.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    22-August-2017

It was a really good idea to have taken the day off from my usual workouts, yesterday. I felt absolutely rejuvenated during today's workout.

Exercise: bike riding for 78 minutes of repeat hills. I went a total of 23km. My average heart rate was 152.

Calories: I met my goal. I've been using the MFP feature that allows different caloric goals for different days and I really like it! I eat a little more food on the weekends.

Tracking: yes, I tracked everything.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    @bocasdelbob I love wild horses and almost any horses. Years ago, one of my riding instructors said to me, "I've been teaching riding for over 30 years. Most people who come to me love horseback riding. A few love horses. Rick, you love horses!" I do and I always have.
    @am_change You have really changed!! You have found your groove; your mojo; your ignition. You go girl!!
    @craigo3154 Thanks for the kookabura photos. I was amazed.
    My report:
    Calories: under by a lot
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: first day in two weeks that I have been well enough to try to go horseback riding. Success!! I rode actively for 30 minutes and casually for 30 minutes. I am so happy!!!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    @cardio_enthusiast great cycling!!
    @am_change what super role models you have. @trixsey1 I have been wearing my fitbit consistently for two years and yes it is inaccurate,but a consistently inaccurate so it is a good reference point. If that makes sense? I it also motivates me to move if I see low numbers.

Today was our day to get caught in a drenching rain. Of course we were at the midpoint of the hike. Tracked and calories are fine.

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,284 Member
    Options
    August 21 and 22

3 x yes for both...getting back on track.

@craigo3154 I LOvE the kookabura shot...WOw!!
    Now i have the song stuck in my head though...lol

Heading out to the lake this weekend again... there's a 10k trail at this one...yay!! Will take pics.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Dog walk before work, dog hike after work, tango tonight.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk and a walk at The Wetlands

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Pass #3. Lots of sitting today... worked on a painting this morning then went to the lake with some friends. Thought I'd get in a workout this evening but by mid afternoon I could tell I was getting sick with a fever and sore throat. I'm still recovering from my last round of this sickness so that's frustrating. Early bedtime tonite and headed back home tomorrow. I'll try finish the rest of the month strong.
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    22nd August, 3x yes. I wanted to boost my step count so went a little further along the coastal path on by walk today. 60 mins). A hazy day over "bay" today.
    wnhr578jje0j.jpg
    dulcsdt3djki.jpg

@aeshippers "more consistent with my strength training recently" moving in the right direction, way to go.
    @am_change @trixsey1 23k/22k steps, well done. I admit to being a little jealous, my average step count is about to break below 10k per day which I'm sad about.
    @cardio_enthusiast great workout
    @Sandera2 "tango tonight" Cool.
    @loopydo2017 Get well, I know it's frustraiting when being unwell gets in the way but you will get past it.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    well it was my birthday today and I took a PASS day

recap
    Pass day #1
    calories over
    exercise yes
    tracking yes and it was not pretty. Really enjoyed my day though
    water 12 glasses

Will be taking pass day #2 tomorrow as well.......saved them this month for this week!