August 15 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 15
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3 Km in 25 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Rest day today. Shorter walk than usual at slower pace and no strength training tonight. Also earlier time to bed. Feels odd resting, but I know I need it.

As only a short walk today (and dodging rain), no photos. Longer walk tomorrow (if big enough gap in the weather :) ) so should have a chance to take a pic or two.

@aeshippers. Sorry I missed the post yesterday about the chocolate. Well done for logging. Forgive yourself for yesterday (no beating yourself up over it) and hopefully normal maintenance today. *hugs*
    @fourathomej. Lovely view. Great place to stop over the weekend.
    @pribud. Doing fantastic. 30lbs mark just around the corner. Hopefully great swimming.
    @shonat11. Don't feel you have to leave us. UAC is about the hight habits, not just circle.
    @Slimpossible007. Rest is important. If you are feeling ill/tired/lethargic, then rest is often the best medicine.
    @bocasdelbadbob. Sounds like a special time with Buddy. This is what life is about. Being there for family and friends. Loved the story. Well told. Awesome.
    @pcotter54. Get well soon.
    @Dosse1320. Celebrate the successes (and good news). There are too few in life. Celebration Ice cream is almost never a mistake (as long as it's one, not 5 :) ). Tomorrow is another day that normality can return.
    @RangerRickL. Hope you are feeling better. Hope you were well enough to work today.

The food stores here are mixed. Cannot keep only healthy food in the house with a teenager. Fortunately with a protein rich diet (and finicky tastes), I seldom even feel the need to eat poorly. Mind you, a normal nutritionalist would look at my diet over the last 40+ years and wonder why I am still breathing - I eat almost the inverse of the traditional food pyramid.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble posting while away and it looks like even the last one I thought posted didn't, so here's a summary report.
    Aug 11- yes x 3
    Aug 12- yes x 3
    Aug. 13- pass day. I had planned that I could splurge some and I did.
    Aug 14- yes x 3, Ran 60 min.

Not to be forgotten: Happy Birthday and healthy wishes to our beloved Rick, @RangerRickL !!!!
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Aug 15th

@rangerrickL - Hope you feel better soon.

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Workouts:-
    40min Strength Training workout (HASfit) using 4kg and 5kg weights.
    50min run, mixed terrain/hills.

Walking/Cycling:-
    A hours bike ride with my daughter. We didn't go too far, but enjoyable all the same.
    Walk with the woofies - 100mins.

Steps walked today: 11370 (excluding jog)
    Total calories burned: 1536
    Total calories consumed: 1320/ 1320 (spot on, lol)
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Saw this on a friends wall this morning and thought it was appropriate...lol :p

ske52tw3lqqn.jpg

will check in later with all my positive results!
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks @craigo3154 I needed to hear that. Thanks @RangerRickL for a very good reminder; good food choices happen when good foods are available/convenient.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You're so kind folks. Thanks to @am_change and @craigo3154 for making me think twice before leaving the group. I do want to remain accountable.
    Today was yes x3 for me. Exercise was a fun bike ride in the woods with my family.
    Hope you're all doing well
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the tip @RangerRickL it's one I try to follow. This week I treated myself to a recipe box from a local farm where they give you the exact ingredients needed for 3 meals. Because they substituted the advertised gnocchi for tagliatelle they gave us a free bag of chocolate buttons. Agh! There's a reason I don't keep chocolate in the house!
    Well done @craigo3154 for managing to rest! Although your speedy short walk sounds exhausting!
    @phoebelayla it's so frustrating when that happens! Sounds an amazing few days. Having the stamina to run 60mins is incredible!
    @trixsey1 another busy day for you!
    Thanks @pribud !
    @shonat11 Yay I'm so pleased you're sticking with us!

Yes x 3
    Tracking: yes, including the unplanned choccies.
    Calories: yes, but had to go without some planned food after the chocident.
    Exercise: walking and an hour's body pump class at the gym with my 12day pass.

Hope everyone's had a great day!
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Got 13miles down today followed by 20mins of bodyweight training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    (68.82 / 140) Mile Goal

Today was a interesting day... Almost stepped a pretty good sized black snake and later on I got approached by a coyote (Which I was gonna pet as I thought it was a dog at first)

The Coyote was coming at me pretty happy looking so when I thought it was a dog I didn't think much of it cause I get approached and loved by a lot of the other joggers / hikers dogs when they're around me

Coyote was within 5 feet of me before a car came over and spooked it away which is probably a good thing as who knows if it'd of thought I was a nice looking lunch or not.

Edit - On a side note it's usually around this part of the month I kick into overdrive so I expect to be covering a lot of miles in these last two or so weeks.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @am_change - Thank you! I'm on week #3-day 2. It had been a long time since I'd done any running, so a great way to ease back into it.
    @120maggie - Great cycling!! I need to start again!
    @craigo3154 - Yep, we need those rest days for sure!!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes..60 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (another almost 40-min bike ride)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    It's the 15th!! It is a great time to look around and see who is still with us. I celebrate each one of you. @cardio_enthusiast is an impressive new member. At this moment, as I do my report, it's also great to celebrate @shonat11 and our very good friend, @aeshippers (the woman behind the camera).
    Today's report:
    I almost finished a whole day at work. This afternoon, while speaking to a group of 12 people, I got a bit light-headed. I sat down to finish my presentation and my daughter, Diana, took over the general Q&A time.
    I've got an easy day tomorrow.
    Calories: under by a good margin
    Walking: 35 minutes
    Tracking: ok
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    6axb4pjwxy1l.jpg
    b8ikfk664g60.jpg
    2idijxe15wr2.jpg
    mwbf9xb9mddx.jpg

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. As the weather was under 100 degrees, I was able to do a beautiful evening walk at Duck Creek. I've attached some photos. To have this little piece of serenity in crazy Las Vegas, is a true blessing.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes. Thankfully, I feel more peaceful today and therefore, making very good choices

The water bottle in the picture is 'The Coldest Water Bottle' and I have to say, it lives up to the hype. Being a tight wad, I wouldn't ordinarily pay $23.99 for a water bottle but my friend enticed me and I have been out in the Vegas heat all day and it's remained chilled.

Ps. In the first photo, there is a family of six raccoons that had been for a swim. Sorry photo isn't better, taken on my phone at dusk
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    3 yesses. 30 minutes of HIIT and some adventuring to a park on the edge of the city.