August 14 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 14
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 7.9 Km in 68 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

4 mins slower than the same walk on the 11th (was not able to push as hard). Will look to have a rest day tomorrow (from experience, I find these tougher than normal days). A rest day still has a walk, but not as far or intentionally as fast. Also drop the nightly 20 min strength work (no gym, no weights, all bodyweight).

Apart from that, quiet day here.

Expecting rain here tomorrow, hopefully can get short walk in early.

@RangerRickL. Great pic of downtown Chicago. Hope you enjoyed your Birthday. Also love todays quotes. So true.
    @trixsey1. Fantastic photos. (I probably need to take some more on my walks. Lots of trees :) ).
    @2020pinktogo. Hang in there with nursing hubby. We all heal slower when we get older. Hopefully he will not need your nurse Nancy skills soon.
    @bocasdelbadbob. Enjoy the ride tomorrow (today) and the catch up with buddy.
    @windowqueen2003. Awesome work. Music (or distraction) does make the exercise go faster. Well done also for walking away from Starbucks. Coffee shops are calorie minefields (fine if tread carefully or enter appropriately prepared, otherwise ....).
    @getrealgirl. We all have days where we are not present. Work with the habits. Hope the knee feels better soon. (Hour round trip to Yoga is a bit much. Longer term, I find such regular commutes to non-income activities drive me away from the activity)
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 5Miles down followed by 20 minutes of bodyweight training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    (55.64 / 140) Mile Goal

• shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello. I was ill last week so no exercise and no logging for a few days - used up all my pass days and more! Back on track now but will probably leave this group till next month.
    Good luck to you all and keep up the good work
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,287 Member
    Options
    SO tired today, and been feeling rough for the last few days/week, I tried to fight it yesterday to keep me on track but the exercise has taken its toll on me and knocked me worse today

So -- I'm taking a pass (which puts me out of the circle for the month) and hoping to get back on track soon, hopefully this sickness will go away and I can get myself up n at em again

• pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Taking a sick day.
  • fitastic2day
    fitastic2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    August 14: 3 yeses-I'm back in the game after two days in a row of going over budget on kcals. I love the message @RangerRickL !

August 12 & 13: passes and that puts me out of the winner's circle for August, but I'm here for the long haul. I will be checking back in tomorrow. :)

I bid you all a very warm good night.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (40-min outdoor bike ride = 8.08 miles)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, I'm seeing this at the end of a long Monday, thanks so much for the inspiring quotes.
    @pribud, congrats on your weight loss! And thanks for being such a positive presence in this group.
    @shonat11, I'm sorry you're sick. Hope you get better soon, and we look forward to you coming back.

For me, yes x3. Hiking with dog after work.

Something magical is happening when I hike with my dog, alone in the woods. I stop thinking about how old I'm getting, how much weight I should lose, my boss, and I just feel like a creature.
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL : Amazing quotes ! Very motivating.

@pribud : Way to go
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk only today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, I'm having a hard time getting back on track
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law's husband has been in the hospital for over a week. Tonight they got some good news from the doctor so she wanted to celebrate. She brought over some DQ Buster bars. I just couldn't spoil her excited/good mood so I had one. Didn't enjoy it of course. Over my calories. :(
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @aeshippers - glad to hear your daughter is doing well!
    @pribud - congratulations on the weight loss, always nice to see the scale moving in the right direction!! Hope you had a good session in the pool!??
    @pcotter54 - sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope it doesn't last long!!
    @fitastic2day - way to hang in there for the long haul!!
    @Sandera2 - happy to hear you're experiencing those magical moments in the woods! I love trail running and walking.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep, 30 minutes C25K training, and 60 minutes walking.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep

Down another pound today, closing in on 50 pounds lost.