• loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    High protein. Low carbs. Pretty much zero simple sugar.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @SimonsChange, congrats on enjoying your mothers birthday, and staying under target.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    What would be/is the structure of your normal, ongoing for life, diet?

Great topic:-)

I grew up in a tropical country and our food selections consisted of a lot of carbohydrates (white rice, plantains, yams, cassava roots, and a bit of bread), proteins (a lot of fish, some chicken, beans, and small amounts of beef), and fat (avocado, palm oil
  • cardio_enthusiast
    Options
    LOL, a part of my last response was cut off! No matter, though:).

I'll add that a sustainable ongoing nutrition plan will definitely have a snap shot of what I've been doing: whole food, organic food selections, unprocessed carbohydrates, healthy grains, nutritious proteins, AND a smidgen of milk chocolate on a regular basis
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Like @Dosse1320 I think of this as a lifestyle change not a diet so there are no foods off limits. I do have treats when i REALLY want them but I work them into my plan for the day and if I have to use a pass day to satisfy a craving so be it! I do not beat myself up any longer over these I accept it and move on. I love it. My rule most days for supper is that our dinner plate has to be a minimum of 1/2 salad or vegetable, a lean protein(4-6 ounces) and sometimes a carb but not always. Our morning consists of yogurt and fruit which may have to change as I am finding lately that I am VERY hungry by lunch time. Our lunch varies.

I had an awesome day today. B) Spent it with a couple of girlfriends at the Filberg Festival here. Lots of local artisans and GREAT music to sit and listen to. I saw the most awesome thing. There was an elderly lady that was using a walker and her son(I think) helped her into a seat just up from us and then left her for a while. The band played an Elvis song and in no time at all this lady was up holding on to her walker and dancing. I nudged my girlfriends telling them they had to see this, it was so cute. I started cheering her on and the next thing we knew the whole audience was doing the same and clapping along with us. I was sitting there watching her with tears running down my face, I turned to my girlfriends and they were doing the same. It was awesome to see, everyone forgot about the band and watched her. After the show her son came back for her. I went over and told her how she had made my day and told her son how she was the star of the show and that he really missed out on seeing her perform, and how much the whole audience enjoyed watching her. I could tell he was pleased as he told me he had heard about it before he got back to his seat. :) The lady was so happy and thanked me several times <3

still managed to make healthy choices today, even though the fish and chips looked sooo good..lol :p

exercise yes
    calories yes
    tracking yes everything!

Good night everyone :)
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Aug 6
    Woke up feeling rested w no muscle pain at all. My day of rest was just what I needed!
    Exercise-75 minute yoga class, Strong Curves Week 5 W/O C, and 100 crunches for my Ab Challenge.
    Tracking- yes, always and forever
    Calories-under by about 90. I had "real" spaghetti noodles for the 1st time this whole year. The sad part was that I really wanted garlic bread too, but that is really pushing it on a non-cardio day. OK, any day really!
    Hope everyone is ready for a great week!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    Options
    @pribud

I know what you mean about being very hungry by lunch time. I think that you might need more protein and a bit of fat, in the morning.

Barring any egg allergies, you could try something like an omelette that consists of one egg and the whites of 2 eggs, 1/2 ounce of cheese or perhaps 1/2 an avocado, along with some veggies in your scramble.

I make that breakfast very frequently, and although I don't have a cholesterol problem, it alarms me to eat three entire egg yolks
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Looks like I have some catching up to do!
    August 4: Yes x 3
    August 5: Yes x 3
    August 6: Yes x 3!
    Thank you @craigo3154 and @120maggie for your well wishes.
    All this talk about biking makes me think about doing an overhaul on my old Trek I have out in the garage. I've kept it since college, but have never been back on it. We have miles of biking trails around here!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Late check in

Pass day #1

Exercise, yes, gardening and walking
    Tracking, yes
    Calories, no! Was out and didn't eat lunch until late by which time I was so hungry I made poor food choices and generally ate too much
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'll take a pass day today please…

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Dog Walk only today. Too hot for anything else.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. Our son is in town and we went out for dinner with him. He's a senior at UNM, studying Design for the Performing Arts and has his first show in October, I'm so excited to see it.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. I didn't go over by much, but I did go over. My water intake was down yesterday too.
  • returnofthejedi
    returnofthejedi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pass Day 1 today...
    I logged and ate within limit yesterday, did so well and actually hit the lowest weight (lost 9lbs since July 10). Then all of a sudden got very homesick around midnight, boiled 2 dozens shrimp ans 2 packs of enoki mushroom, added Chinese chili sauce...
    Do I regret and disappointed with myself? Yes. I have not done things this crazy for a long time. But I am going to get back to my routine today and stop this nonsense!
  • Ready365
    Ready365 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pass # 1
  • cc3833
    cc3833 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Exercised?: Yes. Horseback riding and cleaning the house
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    yes x 3
    yard work. That counts.
    I am getting my posting days all messed up.
    Carbs, yeah, they are my nemesis. I gotta have some though.
    For climbing I like 150 cals oatmeal, apple, banana and a belvita.
    Belvita bar supposed to have some protein.
    Most my protein comes from beans, salmon and cheese.
    Eggs. I am getting scared of eggs. I do have a cholesterol problem. I take a statin but I still don't want eggs. Cheese has got some.
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Less active today, sitting round camp fire failing to whittle, reading and cooking ( food prep/tidy takes much more time whilst camping). Managed 30 mins of walking and over 6k step which is about my minimum activity level. Also ate more food than previous days so calorie deficit was less than I'd like but still acceptable.

I also limit carbs (i do find it helps avoid hunger) and aim for moderate to high protein to protect muscle and it's supposed to help feel full as well. I can't do a full on low carb diet because it does not fit with family meals. I have previously lost a lot of weight on a low fat diet so i know that works as well, but i think lower carb is healthier.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES -- 25-min outdoor walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Exercise : Yes. Walked around downtown for about 2 miles in the morning and a mile walk in the evening
    Tracking : Yes
    Calories : Yes