Psyllium Husk

Options
kc82
kc82 Posts: 65 Member
I'm 4 years post op and since giving birth to my son a year ago, I've been struggling with constantly feeling hungry. I would even feel hungry a short time after eating. Not too long ago I stumbled on some information about Psyllium Husk while I was researching adding Fiber to my diet. And apparently Psyllium Husk is not only known to help with blood pressure, diabetes, and other issues, but it helps with feeling full as well. It absorbs water in the belly and helps give you a feeling of fullness. When I thought more about this, I wondered if it would help with my hunger, especially since my tummy is much smaller than a normal stomach. Well - I started taking Fiber Capsules (100% Psyllium Husk) and I'm happy to report that it has helped me tremendously! Even though there's no major studies on the weight loss associated with Psyllium Husk, it does seem to give that full feeling. I have now been able to go back to eating my three meals a day, with a few snacks in between (as opposed to grazing almost all day long). I just wanted to share this with anyone else who is dealing with the constant hunger feeling and may need something more natural to help. Oh... and because it's fiber - I am definitely more regular (which was my main goal) lol.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If it works for you continue to take. I'd never heard of it so did a quick Google search. Looks like it's what's used in Meta-Musal. I don't take too many supplements anymore. Try to get my nutrition the old-fashioned way, lol.