Fitbit Charge2 logging exercise

Kanovaj
Kanovaj Posts: 2 Member
I recently upgraded to the Fitbit Charge2 . . . which i love. I have question about logging exercise. I choose a workout on my fitbit . . . lets just say I go for a run and I choose the run option to log the workout. That is reflected on my fitbit dashboard but when I come over to myfitnesspal all I see is fitbit adjustment. I want a separation between my general steps and my workouts. If I log the workout manually with the time will the myfitnesspal recognize that the exercise I am logging is part of the fitbit adjustments?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Fitbit does not send workouts to MFP.

Only thing is total calories up to that point for MFP to do math with (where it got that adjustment), and steps for display.

If you manually log the workout on MFP with exact same start/duration time and calorie burn - all you have done is create extra syncs that must take place from MFP to Fitbit, and then Fitbit back to MFP.
    The math will work out exactly the same.
    It doubles nothing up despite appearance - Fitbit only has the ability to replace info, not add to info.
    So Fitbit will show your initial activity record you got the info from, and it'll show a workout record from MFP with just calorie burn.
    Leave both of course - Fitbit's has more info you'll want to review and compare later to see improvements.

If you want to see on MFP the difference between your workout's calorie addition, and what your increased activity causes as an adjustment - then that method will work.
    Confirm you have negative adjustments allowed on MFP - as you wouldn't be the first that had a hard workout, and then got more tired for rest the day is did even less, so got negative adjustment. Which will be good to see.

The math will be done correctly.

Fitbit daily calorie burn - MFP expected calorie burn - MFP logged workouts = adjustments (which will be just increased activity, steps as you might call it)

Then base eating goal + exercise + adjustment = correct eating goal for increased activity.