Inroductions

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm caradae. I hosted this challenge in June and July and am looking forward to participating with you all in August's challenge. It's a difficult challenge to do, but rewarding--I've lost 11 pounds so far and feel great.

A little about myself: I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have two kids: a three-year-old and a soon-to-be two-year-old. I work full-time at a bookstore. My job is fairly physical, so I have no problem meeting the group's exercise requirement; it's the calorie budget that I struggle with, though I've gotten much better at it through portion control and removing sugar from my diet.

I look forward to hearing about you all and welcome you to the group!

Good luck!

Replies

• Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Lynn, 'crazy busy' mother of two (14 and 12) and I work full time at a desk job so this challenge is exactly what I need to keep on track!

Thanks caradae for creating this group and good luck to all! :)
  • npruitt99
    npruitt99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Natasha. I'm single, no kids anymore. I gained my weight while raising my nephew from 2 weeks old until 2 years old. Now I'm ready to get my old body back! I currently work usually 50 hours a week and attend college courses at night. Looking forward to these challenges to help keep me accountable and on target.
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi this is Turnaround2012! I am a Husband and Father and I work in Sales. I do travel a lot however, but that is no excuse. I made it partway through the July challenge, and I then had to drop out. I really like the accountability, so I am in again for August!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I made it two-thirds of the way through July; let's see if I can do better this month.

I have a plant-based diet and have been getting most of my exercise from walking. I'm hoping to add more yoga and strength training this month. My recent NSV is that I can now reach behind me and pull my foot up toward my gluts for a stretch. Couldn't do that when I first started mfp!

I welcome friend requests from challenge members, just be sure to mention the challenge in the FR.
    Let's do this thing!
  • RBTC
    RBTC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HI.
    My name is Ron. I am a father of three, I work a swing shift job that is fairly stationary. This is my first time with the group, and I'm very excited to have the extra accountability through all of you!!!!!!
  • snowflake8am
    Options
    Hey all!

My name is Mary. I am a waitress. No kids. I love my man and our house. Life is good, but geez, I put on 20lbs in the past 6mo. and none of my clothing fits. I don't like not feeling sexy. Its sucks, so I'm doing something about it. Nice to meet you all!
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! My name is Emma! I'm an old member on MFP but I've never been very active on the site, and looking at it, my weight seems to yoyo a lot... I never actually realized that until pretty recently. I'd like to take this chance to finally get into a healthy, habitual lifestyle.

I'm a 24 year old full-time college student, no kids, and just ending a 7 year relationship with retail. I'm really bad at sticking to a routine because I'm so used to the insanity and spontaneity of retail and that's the biggest reason for my hectic diet and lifestyle. I really hope this challenge can help me over that hump and into a healthier me.

In all honesty I'm more focused on eating healthier and getting fit. My future plans require me to be a pretty kick butt individual so the number on the scale doesn't really bother me, I'm more interested in my measurements and athletic ability. That's why I felt this challenge would be perfect for me! Hope to get to know all of you! Best of luck to us!
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! Heather - mother of 3 girls (10,3, and 2) and married to the man of my dreams for 8 years. I'm 31 years old, and have been logging, and exercising everyday since I began this diet (21 days ago). I'm really excited because I feel myself having the internal motivation that I haven't had for a long time. Just found the 'group' function, so this my first challenge. Super excited! Thanks for making this, nice to be accountable to others as well as myself.
  • WarriorBill65
    WarriorBill65 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - My name is Bill. I'm a bachelor, no kids, been a vegetarian for over 30 years. I just turned 65 this past June, and looking forward to retiring this coming October, ( Woot !! Wooooot !!!! ) !!!! Last summer, I was in a summer slim down group, and did 3 months of P90X with a certified P90X trainer, at a local fitness studio. I was exercising like a madman and my workout friends nicknamed me, " Warrior," for my intensity. Caregiving my Mom who has Alzheimer's/dementia, and forgot to take care of myself for a while, so lost my exercise focus, even quit MFP for a few months, ( HUGE MISTAKE !! ). Slowly getting myself back on track, and I'm excited to be a part of this group, as I believe it will be great not only for me, but, for all of you, too !!!.I too, welcome friend requests from this group.....mention the challenge !!!! HAPPY to be part of this group.....GOOD LUCK, to all.....We are gonna, ROCK THIS !!!!!
  • dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi I stay focus with this challenge I have to excise or I'm out thank You it works really good to keep my goal in focus
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly a SAHM, which keeps me busy :) I love to cook, I'm currently doing an online nutrient course (only 6 weeks) but I have realised I miss using my brain, so have signed up for a few more course... the age old saying... use it or lose it :)

I'm currently training for my first race (1/2 Marathon) which is the beginning of September. I've fallen in love with running but I need to introduce some strength training back into the mix, so that's what I'll do for the 20 mins on the 3 days a week I don't run :)

I got to about 1/3 the way through July but went over my calories one day and was really pleased when I got the invite to join August's challenge!
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ntly training for my first race (1/2 Marathon) which is the beginning of September. I've fallen in love with running but I need to introduce some strength training back into the mix, so that's what I'll do for the 20 mins on the 3 days a week I don't run :)

That's so awesome! Good luck to you!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am good about lifting weights and bad about getting cardio in. I get REALLY lazy and watch Friends or too much TV.

NOT IN AUGUST. I have my wedding in a year. and need to get back on track. I've just started 5:2 intermittent fasting. So two days will seem like I didn't completely log, but I promise, it's supposed to be 500 calories.
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessi. I'm a sophomore in college. I'm going to earn a bachelors in economics and a minor in commercial agriculture. The plan is to be out a year early. Though my mom thinks I'll want to stay longer to graduate with my friends. In which case I'm looking at adding a financial services major and/or mathematics minor. Anyway my college career is looking good. I don't know what I want to do after that. I'll go wherever I can find a job, I guess.
    But I gained the freshmen fifteen and I'm plateauing on the last five. I need the August challenge to help me before going to back to school. I haven't even been on MFP for a week, so this will be my first official challenge. Wish me luck! We'll see how it goes.
  • walk_fit
    walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    51 yr old with 2 teenage kids,would like to be part of your challenge. It seems rigorous to me especially the tracking but I am going to go for it . I am in this weightloss journey for the long haul and I need this accountability daily.
  • smallmuscleathelete
    smallmuscleathelete Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This will be tough but I'm ready for a good challenge! Juggling between intensive summer classes/full time work and being a mom, I hope I have time to track everything before I go to bed. :-)
  • geethsuma
    geethsuma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am Suma and I started my weight loss journey from March this year and so far lost 16lbs. I am kind of person who need some motivation and accountability to keep going. This is a phase of my journey where I need some extra motivation and I hope this challenge will support me on that end.

I know it is hard to stick to the calories for the next 30 days but I am in to win and best of luck to you all!!!
  • chelsarmitage
    chelsarmitage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Chelsea. I'm a 19 year old Communications student from Auckland, New Zealand and have always been a yo-yo dieter, though have never reached my goal weight. What better time than now :) I currently weigh 200 pounds and am looking to lose at least 50. I really need the extra accountability and motivation so thanks for this group :)
  • gilmoregirlsr
    gilmoregirlsr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Michelle and I have 70lbs to lose. I've been on MFP for a long time but never made me the priority and therefore have failed continuously. I have just recently had a shift in thinking and feel so confident that my lifestyle has changed for the better (finally). I quit smoking 3 weeks ago (cold turkey) and have been uber motivated re: diet and exercise since. I like the structure of this group/challenge. I respond well to rules and hate letting others down, so this is a great place to jump start my journey. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit...the strictness of this 30 day challenge is perfect for starting a new great habit!
  • whitneysmomma
    whitneysmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! I'm Josie and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I'm 31 and have a 3 year old. I joined this challenge last month and fell off after only a few days.

I plan on being here until the end this time!!