My FitBit has gone crazy...

Options
ABabilonia
ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
So lately my FitBit Blaze has been giving me an insane amount of calories which are clearly overstated. For example yesterday I had 13,000 steps including a decent run and the calories burned were around 1,200, which seems reasonable. Today, though, I had 17,000 steps including a similar run than the day before yet the calories burned are way over 2,500, which is insane. The strange thing, though, is that when I had 3,000 steps this morning the calories burned were around 700. Has anyone experienced something similar in the past? Please advise, thanks.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell. I mean, it's 7am, I have 53 steps, and I've already burned 400 calories today just from living. I'm 39, 5'5", and 142 lbs, so 700 calories burned with 3000 steps in the morning doesn't seem insane to me at all.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    As of now I have 421 steps and 2,910 calories burned, so yeah, something is definitely wrong
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Did you try to reset your Fitbit?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Not getting any syncs in from other sources that would be adding workouts with calorie burns?

Can you look at your 15 min bar graph of daily calorie burn and steps and discern where it's getting it from?
    Should stand out if that massive.

What does that time correspond with?