Day 32

Options
day 32

Has anyone in the group tried the Keto diet?
I've done it before to help with my memories loss & inflammation. Losing weight is a plus.
I was just wondering what others think about it if they have done it .,oz6blthpvc1r.jpg
obup209n392e.jpg
xlpmw19amwmx.jpg
rcezhye57vyc.jpg
cuiup8f6t30z.jpg

Replies

• GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't. In my old age I've tried (aside from things that must be done for health purposes) to stray from doing anything that I can't sustain long term or I feel like will make me feel deprived and ultimately cause a "binge" reaction later on which usually causes me to stop tracking and re-gain whatever I've lost on the restrictive diets. Including but not limited to, whole 30, cleanses, etc. I just try to stick to a calorie plan, generally eat healthier foods and not tell myself I can't have anything so if I want to work something in, I can, but I don't do it often. It's working for me and tends to help fend off the binge reactions and feelings of deprivation that I used to get when I felt like I was on a diet so I couldn't have certain things. However, I have friends who do whole 30 (etc) to successfully kick off their diets and can transition off of it and maintain the progress...I'm just not that person. I think you just have to know yourself and if you have an issue with feeling deprived or if you thrive off of that...also knowing how long you're able to sustain it is important...if you've never been able to finish whole 30 maybe just attempting it for a week or two weeks would be more your speed...so you don't set yourself up for failure.
  • pachecocristina
    pachecocristina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'm terrible with diets too. Not even balanced diets where there is no restrictions. I just don't like being told what to eat and what not to eat. I like having freedom to eat whatever i want with very generic rules about calories and healthy balance. I know I'm not being helpful. Sorry.
  • beckyr06
    beckyr06 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins years ago, the original one was a pretty strict keto diet - extreme restrictions in calories from carbs. I remember eating some weird things like fried pork rinds with sour cream. I lost weight but the carb restriction just isn't sustainable for me. I do better when I have plenty of fruits and veggies in my diet, and though I limit grains, I also like occasionally eating better grains like oatmeal and Aldis multigrain flaxseed wraps. I do know people who have done the keto diet and seem to like it and do well on it, however.
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Same, my dad did amazing on the original Atkins when I was in high school, lost like 60lbs eating bacon and cashews! He eventually gained it back but not right away. But I just can't imagine fruits and veggies being "bad". Plus, I've lost almost 20lbs in the last almost 2 months, and I've managed to work in pizza, donuts, ice cream...it's all about moderation and making those things the exception not the rule and knowing that if you want to work those things into your day you probably need to work out that day, etc. I mean, I was in Vegas for a week and still managed to lose weight while I was gone! I think it's just about what is right for you and your health, if you want/need a kick start that comes from a diet like that or if your body needs a special restriction or does well with omitting something then go for it, but the most important thing is sustainability, right? Being able to be here a year from now on maintenance...at your goal weight still tracking away...do what gives you motivation and works best for you...it's your journey no one else's!
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm a carb girl .. but when on a keto diet I don't need to take my medication.. which is a huge plus for me... was just wondering if anyone else has done it. :)
  • feliciafelton8
    feliciafelton8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm diving into Keto. I have been researching for a few months. I just finished reading Keto Clarity. It's a good book. I watch a lot of YouTube videos and follow Keto Connect. They have great food recipes and great support for Keto.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm diving into Keto. I have been researching for a few months. I just finished reading Keto Clarity. It's a good book. I watch a lot of YouTube videos and follow Keto Connect. They have great food recipes and great support for Keto.
    yesterday was day 1 for me. I've done it before & loved the way that I felt when I was on it.