new

Options
Lenascrivente
Lenascrivente Posts: 177 Member
16 August 2017

Dear all
I have been toying with MFP since last year but found out it reactivated an old eating disorder.
One year after, I decided to start again from mindset and I'm here for the long haul.
As most people with a past of eating disorders, I did manage to lose weight effectively in the past, and got it all back with some more .
The last time in 2012 I lost 20 kgs in 6 months, just through self-regulated eating, exercise and a lot of self-compassion and love for myself.
So how did it all creep up again , with a plus of 9 kgs?
Increased stress and emotionally traumatic events in my life, poor stress management and a lack of support systems to keep it up. From 2013 to 2017, I put on 29 kgs again.
So I am here to lose 45 kgs over 2 years, at a pace of about 2 kgs per month on average.
As by now I know that weight loss is not a linear process, I think I will use less stressful months to lose 4 kgs, and more stressful months to lose a minimum of 2. This will minimise stressing about plateaus and having to deal with difficult life moments that I foresee will be there, given my family situation with 2 members struggling against cancer.
Also my thyroid stopped working properly last winter and I am still adjusting medication so this should be taken into account.
This is how it would look like ideally:
100 lbs (45 kgs) = 20 lbs x 5 (9 kgs x 5)
Each goal is 9 kgs in five months.

GOAL 1
September 1st 2017 to January 30th 2018
From 106 kgs to 97 kgs - minus 9

reward: winter summer break somewhere sunny

Before September 1st I will post my plan for the first month and will keep logging in.
Please befriend me if you have success stories to share about losing 100 lbs, hypothyroidism and eating disorders.
Thanks!
Lena