Intro and Dr. vent

Options
aggieamber05
aggieamber05 Posts: 15 Member
Hi everyone! I have yet to post on here, but I come and peek every now and again when I get a chance.

So I am 30 years old, 1 child and was diagnosed 2 years ago with PCOS. I am just finally coming around to learning more about it.

I have been working very hard, eating right, low carb/low GI foods as much as possible and I play tennis 3 times a week burning 800-1,000 calories each time I play. I have only lost 15 lbs since Jan 1st. VERY frustrated. I know I sometimes have a hard time staying on a strict diet, but I try and do the 80/20 rule with food.

Anyways, besides the point...mainly I wanted to vent about my experience with my endocrinologist. I live in a small town about 2 hours away from Dallas. At times I feel/know we don't always get the best choices in health care. This is the 3rd Dr I've gone to that has confirmed I have PCOS, but doesn't think I need drugs for it. They just tell me "keep doing what you're doing and it will come off eventually". While I am a big proponent of doing things naturally...this gets frustrating. I am on synthroid to control my hypothyroidism...but PCOS doesn't matter to them.

I do have an appt at a place in Dallas/Fort Worth this month called The Fem Center...and it is a group of obs/gynos who have hormone expertise including PCOS. I am PRAYING they can help me figure something out. I am just so frustrated with people who can barely diet and they lose 4 times as much as I do.

Anyways...HI, and thanks for listening to me vent!

Replies

• ContentedBeauty
    ContentedBeauty Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration. I went through many many doctors before I finally got a diagnosis. I've finally found an endocrinologist and an ob/gyn that are not afraid to develop a treatment plan. I can't say I've lost any more weight since I have found these doctors, but I am receiving proper treatment that is preventing future problems and my questions are being answered.

The new place you are going to sounds like it will be a good fit for you. Good luck! And if they are not the right doctors for you, don't stop searching until you find the right one.