Exercise segment from Fitbit not syncing to MFP

Options
athena61
athena61 Posts: 54 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Can anyone tell me why the calories burned from an exercise segment (biking, weights, etc) are not given credit for on MyFitnessPal? I'm getting credit for calories burned from steps. And I used to get credit for calorie burned from exercise segments, but that has stopped within the last two or three days. I have a Blaze and use IOS. Thanks

Replies

• ShannonMatejka
    ShannonMatejka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is not syncing either. Please share is anyone has a solution.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    There is no solution as there is no issue.

Fitbit does not send workouts, or activities, or segments to MFP.

For this stuff - it sends steps, and calories burned so far in the day.

Steps is for display only.

Calories burned is used in a formula to estimate how many calories you'll burn that day - minus what MFP thought you'd burn with no exercise - the difference is an adjustment to your eating goal.

So you could have no workout but very active (compared to your selection of activity level on MFP) and get big adjustment.
    You could have a big workout but be very lazy that day and have no adjustment.

So there is no no calories burned from steps exactly (though Fitbit obviously uses steps to figure distance, distance and weight and time to figure calories) being shown on MFP.

Only the 2 values shown above come across on regular basis, when the new calories burned amount is 100 higher than prior sync.