2»

Replies

• pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 45 minute hike
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

The leaves are changing in northern Minnesota, so my boyfriend and I hiked to a beautiful overlook of our town. I've been very stressed with school lately, so it was a wonderful, peaceful moment looking down and remembering that I'm working hard to be able to help the community that I love. :)
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Back in the groove and it feels good!
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Today was a good day. I like to spend some time remembering and writing cuz I got this sinking feeling that my memories might not be all that permanent.
    I climb a mountain on Monday. I see a young athlete topping it after I've topped and turned around. He is riding a feather weight racing bike. I am riding my tractor, my mountain bike. Heh!
    I didn't talk to him but he probably didn't spend any time walking, nursing a sore saddle. But hey, I beat him. But maybe that is just because I started at the crack of dawn. In golf they have a thing called handicap. Well here it is for bike riding, the old guy's handicap.

I went to school to have lunch and some recess with Buddy. I seen the trail runner dude there. I didn't get to talk to him. He was wearing a trophy t-shirt. I wanted to tell him about that I climbed it on Monday, talk and compare times, routes etc.

I didn't get to feed Buddy. OT lady (Occupational Therapist) wanted to feed him or really further develop his talent eating pasta with a fork. Sometimes me an Buddy get kind of slack with respect to all of that just so we can hurry up and go outside.

So OT lady is feeding Buddy I am twiddling my thumbs. BumbleBee is squawking. She is a first grader now. I gave her that pseudonym last year cuz of the humming or buzzing sound she often makes. She can't walk or talk. She can't eat. She has never tasted food. Weird eh? She has a port to her stomach that we squirt food into with a syringe.

She is a little charmer though. Lately she has developed the talent of being able to pull herself up to standing. That is pretty good. It is a prerequisite or corequisite to walking.

So she pulls herself up, I reward her with some lap time. She pulls my hand up to her forehead so that my palm is on her forehead. Then she pulls down on my hand or arm so that my palm and fingers brush down her face. Strange, but she likes that. She somehow incorporates that as her reward.

No sooner than she is on my lap, gets her reward, she wants down again.

We have these chairs that have footrests or platforms to them. I think they are that way so kids can sit comfortably with their legs horizontal. You know, to keep them from having a slide off position due to too high of chair. We got little chairs but they are not a good height for the table. Convoluted, but they get everything just right.

But Bumble Bee has found one of those platforms and is climbing it. Stepping up. It is about 70% of knee high to her. It is kind of cool and I want to remember this. So here is a little girl that has just recently developed pulling herself up. Now she is stepping up, climbing up, unassisted! Of course this is all in the context of me and Bumble Bee playing. She does that, I give her the encouraging banter "look at her! ... look at her climbing up!" Then she comes to me for her moments of lap time and her reward. Process repeats countless times.

OT lady is more than a little fascinated. She expresses to me and my wife that she wants me on their staff. But I am all like ... if I was working there it wouldn't be the same.

A good day. You had to have been there I guess.

yes x 3

(I am thinking of @am_change. We got something in common. That is how that is.)

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @bocasdelbob I hope you live forever!!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @bocasdelbadbob I wish the common theme was that I too cycle round in my polkadot queen of the mountains jersey! Love the bumblebee tale. I have known and loved many a bumblebee. Life is good.