My Faith

Options
Hailey_489
Hailey_489 Posts: 247 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
I'm 19 and I'm a new mom to a 1 year old. Yes I'm single. Why? I'm single because of stupid discussions. I was born and raised in a Christian family. At 15 I started to do drugs, drinking, and sleeping around. I was hanging out with the wrong crowd. I made really bad discussions and now I'm stuck. I want to know more about God, but I don't know where to start. Please help me with my Faith, cuz I want the best for my baby girl.

Replies

• sherryallinger
    sherryallinger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there Hailey, thank you for being so open with your situation. You are not alone, Jesus is with you. Everyone has made bad choices in life, we have all sinned except Jesus. God hates sin. The good news is that Jesus paid the price for all our sins. If we just believe in our heart and say that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, He offers it to us as a gift. I was raised in a religious family and became a Christian in 2005.
    Do you have a Christian friend near you that you can meet with or perhaps is there a Christian church that you can connect?
    I would love to pray for you hear now
    Jesus please let Hailey know you and see your presence in her life. Please provide her and her baby with your peace and comfort. Guide her to the resources that she needs to build a relationship with you.

Hailey, let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to share.

Do you have a Bible. www.biblegateway.com is one of the sites I use often. There are many versions of the Bible there.

Sherry
  • Hailey_489
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • Hailey_489
    Options
    On my journey to finding God in my heart is going to be long. I think first order of Business should be stope cussing. That is hard please if any one has good helpful tips on how to stop please share them
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Hailey. The first step is realizing that you need God. That you have done. It's more important for you to build a relationship with Jesus and the cussing will stop in time. Here is a bible verse to help you though - 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Start reading the bible daily - make it a habit - as you grow closer to God and knowing who He is you'll see yourself changing into the person (I think) you want to be. If you can find a good bible teaching church that will help.