NERVOUSLY EXCITED - introduction

Options
I am a 31 year old female and a mom of 3 kiddos, 16, 11 and 10. I have always been on the heavier side and having kids sooo young did not help. 3 years ago, I started having horrible pain in my hips out of the blue. This was not weight related. I went straight from work to my doctor. That day I was taken off of work for a few weeks (desk job, dispatch) while they tried to figure out what was wrong and a treatment plan. During those few weeks home resting, I was getting numbness in my legs and the pain was moving throughout my lower back. After a trip to my doctor every day for a week, I had an MRI. This was on a Friday. On Saturday afternoon I received my results that I had a herniated disc at my L5 S1. I wish I knew why..no accident, no fall etc. That next day, I was driving myself to the store and lost all feeling from the waist down on my left side. I managed to get myself back home and get a ride to the ER. The next morning, I was in surgery to repair the disc. A fragment of the disc was putting pressure on the nerve. This was the beginning of many surgeries. Over the next two year, I had another surgery to clean out more of the disc. Did great for a few months then the pain in my legs increased and I was walking with a cane. This later led to a full fusion at my L5S1. I followed all Drs orders and did my PT and took good care of myself. Did great for a year. Then the pain and numbness returned... more pressure on the nerve. I then had surgery to hollow out bone space to make more room for my nerve to move more freely. Yay! a few more months with minimal pain :) Then it snuck back... Then came my last surgery. Last year, I had a neuro stimulator implanted in my spine. It sends constant shock to my sciatic nerve and that stops the pain signals from going to my brain. This has allowed me to be more active, walk without a cane. Through all this, I have gained 30 pounds on my already over weight body. I am now at 270 pounds. My doctors have told me that the weight has not created the pain but it sure does not help. Even though my leg pain is now on constant control, I know have chronic pain in other parts of my body that is unexplainable and uncontrollable. My hips hurt, my neck, my shoulders...etc. I have gone to my doctor and tried anti-inflammatory...and anti-inflammatory diets. I have also been seeing a nutritionist for the past 8 months. I have been able to keep my weight steady but I cannot seem to drop any weight. In talking with my doctor, she suggested I look into WLS as an option to start helping with my overall health. Losing weight and feeling good (mentally and physically) is what I want so badly. I have met my deductible for the year so everything is covered 100%.. YAY! Tomorrow is my first consultation... with NUT, blood work etc., and the exercise therapist. In two weeks I have my psych exam. I am familiar with this already as I had to do one before I could get my neuro stimulator.

I guess I am kind of lost as to what to expect tomorrow. I am leaning most toward gastric bypass since my overall goal is to feel better and lose weight. My doctor use to be a bariatric surgical nurse and in running some test (and I do have some food intolerances also), it appears that my body is processing some foods as inflammation; I am leaning most towards RNY. I have done some research on RNY being good a good choice for inflammation reduction. Has anyone had this problem or familiar with this...?